Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
S-

Interesting video. I must have watched it a dozen times.

Thanx for posting the link.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Don't panic

While they say it hits the steering wheel thru the aitbag they don't accompany the film with head or chest decellerometer data.

The head is well centered that means off of the center so as not to hit the center column.

My standard advice prevails.

Position your seat as far rearward as reasonable. Do not drive with your arms sharply bent at the elbows. I try and get the wheel as far away from me as possible. I like to sort of stright arm the steering wheel as much as possible. Position the seat back / seat base / pedals to accomidate this position. Keep your butt back in the seat don't slouch. Most impostantly keep from speeding particurarly in urban enviroments. On 3 lane freeways or any other road with 3 lanes drive in the middle lane.

As they used to say on the cop show. Be carefull it's dangerous out there.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
windfern said:
what was the speed of the Murano?
w-

What you were witnessing is a 40 mph frontal offset crash test.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
A 40 mpg Barrier

Is a very sever test equating to about 70mpg into a standing car. The car crushes and the Barrier does not. The NHTSA test had used 30 for a long time (somewhat do to industry pressure0 The 40 is a tough test and very real world simulating.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: A 40 mpg Barrier

GripperDon said:
Is a very sever test equating to about 70mpg into a standing car. The car crushes and the Barrier does not. The NHTSA test had used 30 for a long time (somewhat do to industry pressure0 The 40 is a tough test and very real world simulating.
Yep, this test had a crash point that allowed for zero absorption of impact whereas the car took almost all of the intertial force. It's a pretty significant impact.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I was surprised that the shoulder belt did not hold the dummy back , Iwould have thought that the speed was fast enough to engage the ratchet on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Stoker
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing