Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6wks ago I purchased this vehicle in seemingly stellar condition however there’s been slight oddities and they seem to have started after a long trip n at a high speed. There was a “shudder” approx 75mph but releasing gas n acceleration solved it but shudder comes usually when accelerating after a stop, kinda like 3 jerks n it’s fine. When stopping sometimes feels like bad brakes but they’re just replaced b more like too much power n small “jerks” as it comes to a stop. There’s a delay when starting it and the trans was replaced 20k miles ago but a recent inspection and zero lights/codes the intermittent issues increase.
While going up hill, it jerked and went “crazy” rpm’s dropping on acceleration, speedometer seems out of sync w/speed n gas pedal seems to make the- I believe rear-wheels feel outta sync n spin funny. The other day there was a vibration throughout the vehicle causing the water bottle to rattle in the VIP holder. The mechanic couldn’t replicate but they’re not immediate nor every trip until tonight. It’s raining n wet and the cars jerking, accelerates but seems to have 2 speeds 35 & 60 and barely responds to gas. Other times while driving on a smooth road it feels like It’s rough n jumpy but it’s not n then it’s fine. On top of all this the ac went the other day n the issues increase and alternate and I sound like a loonatic but this went from one issue Please tell me these symptoms an issue that Can be rvaluated & diagnosed
as I’m starting to worry about safety. I appreciate any

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'd scan for CVT error codes.

Many scanners cannot retrieve Nissan CVT error codes, but the Android app CVTz50 can:

It's possible the place you took it too doesn't have the correct code scanner...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd scan for CVT error codes.

Many scanners cannot retrieve Nissan CVT error codes, but the Android app CVTz50 can:

It's possible the place you took it too doesn't have the correct code scanner...
Yeh i also learned about this app from this site. best app i ever bought. however i never learne how detoriation for CVT fluid works on it. does it show when its time to change the fluid?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Yeh i also learned about this app from this site. best app i ever bought. however i never learne how detoriation for CVT fluid works on it. does it show when its time to change the fluid?
The deterioration value is fairly useless metric for determining when to change the CVT fluid.

Nissan states that a value of >210,000 for fluid replacement. I have never seen a value anywhere near that high in this forum. The value increments whenever the CVT fluid is above a certain high temperature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts