Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was done for an 06 Murano which supports MP3 playback. Here are the steps I did to create an MP3 CD using iTunes for OS X.

iTunes could not burn an MP3 disc from AAC formatted songs so I had to convert the songs to MP3. Here's the process for my 80's music collection...

1. Check if you've set iTunes to create an MP3 CD.

2. Create a playlist for the songs.
3. Select everything in the playlist. Right click (or CMD+click) and select "Convert Selection to MP3" Depending on the kind of Mac, this could take a while. (In my case, I had a long lunch.)

3. You'll now have duplicates in the Library (one in AAC format, one in MP3) so you have to...

...create a Smart Playlist with the following settings:

("80's Greatest Hits" appears in all of the converted album names. The term "MP3" does not work so use "MPEG Audio File")

4. Click the new Smart Playlist. Insert a blank CD and click the Burn Disc icon on the upper right corner of iTunes.

5. After a few minutes, the CD's done. Here's how it looks in the LCD display.

Just push the system's DISP button to cycle through the info display settings.

Please note that iTunes burned everything into one root folder even if I had 8 albums in the playlist. Randomize does not work too (update: Randomization works after the end of each song. Pressing the next song button of the console or of the steering wheel only goes to the next song.)... but no problems with that as that single CD has a total of 120 songs, good for 8 hours. :)

Full sized pictures, comments, and notes are at flickr.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another way

You can also use Roxio Toast 7. Just drag and drop folders, and burn as an MP3 disc! This screenshot is also from my flickr album.

The folder names will be shown in the LCD display. So if you have more specific album names (not like what I have), you'll get a more informative output.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just wanted to share what my friend, Chris, did based on this screenshot I posted earlier...

Chris said "I have a smart playlist for my top 500 listened to songs. Using this as a guide, I made a smart playlist like this that fills a 700 meg CD with random tracks from my top 500 playlist.

Now whenever I need music for the car and don't want to have my iPod, I can just throw in a blank and hit burn. Excellent!"

What a way to create MP3 Discs on the fly!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Enforcer, I thought the display could switch from the map view. :)

Anyway, I just discovered that randomization works after the end of each song. Pressing the next song button of the console or of the steering wheel only goes to the next song.

·
Registered
324 Posts
arrggggg....

fireball said:
Anyway, I just discovered that randomization works after the end of each song. Pressing the next song button of the console or of the steering wheel only goes to the next song.
Fireball you need to check, but when mine is on randomize, and I select the next, it takes it out of randomize model back to serial mode. This is only One more issue of the MP3 player in the MO, sinks... But at least it will play MP3s, so you live with it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: arrggggg....

wa4qfy said:

Fireball you need to check, but when mine is on randomize, and I select the next, it takes it out of randomize model back to serial mode. This is only One more issue of the MP3 player in the MO, sinks... But at least it will play MP3s, so you live with it.
Fireball,
I stand to correct myself, It drops out of randomize when I used the "Cat/Folder" button. The "Seek/Track" and the control on the steering wheel will stay in randomize, but the seek just goes to the next file on the CD, not the next random selection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts