Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home today in a moving parking lot today for over an hour. I let the windows down and heard a creeek in the rear suspension when it traveled on starting and stopping.
Anybody else had that? What is it?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am having the same issue...took it the dealer...

"unable to produce customers concerns at this time" That is what I always get.......I guess I will just deal with it now...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I occasionally hear a creak from the rear wheels but only while parked - I traced it to noisy parking brakes. No big deal. However, if you are hearing the noise with the parking brake disengaged, it may very well be rear suspension noise (there is a TSB for a rear spring bushing or thrust bearing I think).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same creek in the front right and was told it was a bad strut. Service manager told me it is becoming a issue.
It was replaced

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys....I think I can get the wifey to sit on the rear bumper to make it "creek". I'll get under the car with a steth an check it out.
I'll letcha know what I find.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
WAIT!!!!

Just make sure you tell her that YOU weigh too much to do it right.
You need somebody SLIM and TRIM.
Somebody with a "light touch".

Phew!
Hope I caught him in time.

Young fellers can sure screw up a marriage if they aren't careful.:1:

But if I didn't catch him in time he's going to be going around doin' the ............ "What did I say? What did I do wrong?" :5:

Homer

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Good job Homer. I'm not married but even I caught a "hmmmm" in that post. And I know all too well the "clueless guy syndrome" when the girlfriend decides I did something wrong (and expects me to figure out what it was). :D

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL-Good one!

actually....
My wife is about 115lbs.....and I have to make her eat......

Very proud of this girl lookin this way after two kids and 41 years young.
:D
Oh yeah, even my lard ass can't make it "creek" now....I guess the suspension must have to be hot or something....

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
My Mo has developed this noise too. Mine sounds like its coming from the right rear. I can't get it to make the noise when it is stopped, only while moving. It is always when going over a bump so I feel it is in the suspension. I'm going to have it checked next time it is in for service. Jeff

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I thought the TSB was for noise in the rear and it turned out to be that the brake cable need to be tightned. If you hear the noise lightly... very lightly press on the parking brake (emergency brake) and see if it stops.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll give it a try today after I pick it up from getting a new alternator. Thanks for the heads up. Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the creeek has turned into the tick

it is the ticking front end thing, I guess it creeeeks before it ticks. At first is was a tick on accel and tick on decel. Now it is many ticks on accel and just a couple on decel. It is defenitly the ticking from the tick thread though. I read in that thread that someone had their CV joint lubed....I dam well hope it isn't that, there could be some serious wear if it needed lube to shut it up.
Oh dear...
Guess I will have to get out to the dealer one day.....

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FIXED!

Since there are so many tick threads....I guess I will put my fix on them all.
Problem: Tick on accel, tick on decel. Tick from R to D. Rocking Mo back and forth with engine off and in park can reproduce it.

Fix: Motor mounts retorqued.

No kiddin! Makes sense actually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts