Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the front grill of my MO, the silver crome seems to be bubbling up (right near the Nissan logo). It looks like a sticker that has a bubble in it.

Anyone else run into this issue? Is this something that is covered under warranty?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
People here have had this problem.
It certainly doesn't happen to all of them, but it is not unheard of.
It is not true chrome.
The grill is plastic.
It has a chrome looking coating.
Yes, it has been replaced under warranty.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Coness-

Warranty work.

If you are into customizing, you might ask the dealer for the defective grill. There have been several forum members who have painted their grills for a different look.

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. That is good to know that it is covered under warranty. How would we go about preventing this?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Coness said:
Thanks for the replies. That is good to know that it is covered under warranty. How would we go about preventing this?
Coness-

I seriously doubt there is anything we the consumer can do to prevent the plating from separating from the grill. The root cause has it origins in the cleaning/preparation process before the plating was applied. Someone goofed.

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured as much, but thought I would ask.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I don't think the plating is separating. More likely it is the copper substrate separating from the plastic. Do the bubbles break, or are they hard? Is the chrome peeling?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
ekaxel said:
I don't think the plating is separating. More likely it is the copper substrate separating from the plastic. Do the bubbles break, or are they hard? Is the chrome peeling?
Either way, there is nothing we can do to prevent the peeling once it starts. It is a defect caused by the manufacturing process.

-njjoe

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The problem is that the crome finish is bubbling on the grill. if you think of contact paper and how it bubbles up, you will understand it better.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My new grill looks sweet!!!!! The dealer replaced it for free w/ no questions asked. To bad the rest of the car is covered in salt and crap...Freaking Minnesota winters:3:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Great!
That's the way the system is supposed to work.

Homer

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad I could help out. Just curious, was the dealer not going to pick this one up? It's strange that they gave you grief about it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It looks like the dealer used your Mo to pick up the new grill. 303 miles from odometer in/out. What's up with that?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holy crap...I didn't notice that b4. Seriously, did they drive to Minnesota to pick the grill up or what?

·
Registered
2 Posts
:D Easy staff.
On April 26 2006 I ordered and on May 3 2006 they installed the grill. I've got that mileage between the those dates.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Just noticed mine is bubbling too... I'm so mad. I have 38,000 miles and went to the dealer.... out of warranty, they will reduce the price of the part to $186!!!!

I'm going to call NNA and see if they can help... the car is just out of warranty but give me a break, the grill shold be the last thing on this car to give one issues.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Might be the time to.....

Gonzo said:
Just noticed mine is bubbling too... I'm so mad. I have 38,000 miles and went to the dealer.... out of warranty, they will reduce the price of the part to $186!!!!

I'm going to call NNA and see if they can help... the car is just out of warranty but give me a break, the grill shold be the last thing on this car to give one issues.
Sand, and paint it the color you want. I gave a grill away and they did it and it turned out great.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow...I thought that I was unlucky...186 for bubbling chrome...geez.!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts