Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, this is not the, my top is broken help me thread.

The dealer wants way too much for a new top, not going to happen. So one of my Hydraulic Cylinders has a bent shaft and sheered off end, send it off to Klaus Witte with Top Hydraulics, Inc., $400 for a rebuild.

Now the fun part is the bracket that holds the top upper window is broken on one side, why they use plastic for that baffles me. I've modeled a new mount and will likely print it on of my 3d printers in nylon.

This has been an interesting experience for me, but pretty straight forward to fix. Let me know who has questions on this process. I'm likely going to build a video of the process of removing the canvas top.

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the EXACT same problem as you had. The left side of the back skylight was sagging and both the dealer and another repair shop said I need a total new top $5300 plus labor. At first they thought it was the bungees which were broken, but once ordering and paying for the bungee, the repair shop found the broken clip. Do you still have the CAD for the 3-d printing? Thank you... Jerry

·
Registered
19 Posts
convertible top solenoid

I have a problem with my top closing with to much force after rear deck lid closes. The last step of closing brings the front of top crashing down and snapped a snap ring off pin inside front right hand roof and now I have a rattle. Is there a way to adjust amount of hydraulic fluid speed with solenoid valve to slow the roof down. I bought a 2012 Murano CD repair manual on-line but it doesn't include cross-cabriolet model, waste of money. Any good repair sites for this model. I had an Audi A4 and repaired motor(brushes) after dealer told me I needed $1,200 dollar pump, don't trust expensive fixes from dealerships! Thank You, MPO'

·
Registered
8 Posts

The dealer wants way too much for a new top, not going to happen. So one of my Hydraulic Cylinders has a bent shaft and sheered off end, send it off to Klaus Witte with Top Hydraulics, Inc., $400 for a rebuild.

Now the fun part is the bracket that holds the top upper window is broken on one side, why they use plastic for that baffles me. I've modeled a new mount and will likely print it on of my 3d printers in nylon.

This has been an interesting experience for me, but pretty straight forward to fix. Let me know who has questions on this process. I'm likely going to build a video of the process of removing the canvas top.
Thank you so much for posting the pictures and the tips. Very helpful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am very interested in any video about roof. While NICO still had repair manual available, I saw how to take apart front of roof to put new push-on clasp washer on the pin that fell out. The problem is when I open the roof part way to take out the screws up foreword, the roof closes on me even though the engine and ACC is in off position. Would you recommend a site that covers roof? Thank You for Your attention to this e-mail from me, Mike O'

·
Registered
12 Posts
If im understanding you regarding the roof closing with a lot of force..this is very common. I talked with the owner of a convertible top place that has replaced these tops many times suggested I grab the top as its closing to soften that impact which I continue to do. Not sure if that helps you but wanted to give you a FYI.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After the rear lid closes, the 2 seconds that it takes for the third solenoid to open lets the pump build up pressure in the system causing the amount of force. If the computer could be programed to actuate the solenoid instantly, the roof would close as deigned.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Good afternoon Fearles,

Any chance you'd be willing to do a repair on my 2014? Just got a quote from the dealer on the same sag issue and they want 13k for a new top.

Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good afternoon Fearles,

Any chance you'd be willing to do a repair on my 2014? Just got a quote from the dealer on the same sag issue and they want 13k for a new top.

Thank you
Hi EMF, alberzerock is the CrossCab top MAN. He is the Guy who ain't afraid to pull it apart and get it fixed right. I would love to see his video on the top. Ask him nicely, he is a good ole' boy who isn't afraid of a little "elbow grease". Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What kind of car? Because like windshields, dealers may not do tops, so it's worth making a phone call or two to your brand's dealer. A few years ago on a previous car, I called Jeff the service manager at Byers Porsche and he sent me to a shop on the east side but I can't recall the name. It was a dumpy place, but darned if they didn't do an absolutely fantastic job with a Gahh top.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts