Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, this is not the, my top is broken help me thread.

The dealer wants way too much for a new top, not going to happen. So one of my Hydraulic Cylinders has a bent shaft and sheered off end, send it off to Klaus Witte with Top Hydraulics, Inc., $400 for a rebuild.

Now the fun part is the bracket that holds the top upper window is broken on one side, why they use plastic for that baffles me. I've modeled a new mount and will likely print it on of my 3d printers in nylon.

This has been an interesting experience for me, but pretty straight forward to fix. Let me know who has questions on this process. I'm likely going to build a video of the process of removing the canvas top.
WOW! I’m impressed!! I need help with my top. Overnight it just stopped working. Won’t go down. Are you up on electrical issues?

·
Registered
5 Posts
All,
For starters how do you manually open the convertible top to access the hydraulic system? I know about the front allen key to release the front connection; but, cannot figure out how to release the rear trunk lid. Also, can't open the trunk bonnet either so no access in to the trunk space itself at this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All,
For starters how do you manually open the convertible top to access the hydraulic system? I know about the front allen key to release the front connection; but, cannot figure out how to release the rear trunk lid. Also, can't open the trunk bonnet either so no access in to the trunk space itself at this time.
For the trunk you should be able to use the key to open it. There is a hole next to the button you would press on the trunk that the key goes into that will manually open the trunk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, tried that but with top locked down the key doesn't work. There's got to be another way to pop it open manually like the Nissan 370Z. Hoping someone else has had to get in without the key! Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, tried that but with top locked down the key doesn't work. There's got to be another way to pop it open manually like the Nissan 370Z. Hoping someone else has had to get in without the key! Thanks!
That’s wierd because I’ve opened my trunk with the key even with the roof partly opened. Have you tried flipping the key over. It sounds wierd but i know the first time I tried to open it I had to flip the key over and it popped open. My roof is fixed now thank goodness I was able to find this site and then the repair shop someone recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you had anyone with specific experience or Nissan training that was real helpful?
I got it fixed at AutoMat Customizing & Restoration - Home Page which is in New York but if your not in New York I would say look for a shop that knows how to turn any car into a convertible or does that type of out of the ordinary work if you can’t find any convertible repair shops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the EXACT same problem as you had. The left side of the back skylight was sagging and both the dealer and another repair shop said I need a total new top $5300 plus labor. At first they thought it was the bungees which were broken, but once ordering and paying for the bungee, the repair shop found the broken clip. Do you still have the CAD for the 3-d printing? Thank you... Jerry
We have the same issue!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts

The dealer wants way too much for a new top, not going to happen. So one of my Hydraulic Cylinders has a bent shaft and sheered off end, send it off to Klaus Witte with Top Hydraulics, Inc., $400 for a rebuild.

Now the fun part is the bracket that holds the top upper window is broken on one side, why they use plastic for that baffles me. I've modeled a new mount and will likely print it on of my 3d printers in nylon.

This has been an interesting experience for me, but pretty straight forward to fix. Let me know who has questions on this process. I'm likely going to build a video of the process of removing the canvas top.
I would donate for video of this!
Some good news for Cross Cab enthusiasts, and owners, I just picked my repaired CC top from a Long Island, NY auto restorer. He manufactured all the necessary repair parts needed for the repair in-house and completed the job in three days. His name is Tim @ 516-938-7373, www.autointeriors.biz. Good Luck!
Can you give me an idea how much? My top works fine, it's the back lid won't close and lock properly. I'm in New Bedford MA and would take the Ferry from Connecticut over to LI if this Guy has already worked on CC. I have found Mechanic looking at manuals at $90 bucks an hour learning on my ride is not the way to go and almost NO Nissan Technicians got trained on repairing CC. One Lady on Crosscabriolet Facebook with the Gold warranty fought Nissan for over a year. After being quoted $16,000 for new top turn out the only needed to replace linkage kits and linkage balance. She posted parts list and the total was $2,717 for parts that Nissan finally fixed it by a TRAINED ROOF Mechanic they flew in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got it fixed at AutoMat Customizing & Restoration - Home Page which is in New York but if your not in New York I would say look for a shop that knows how to turn any car into a convertible or does that type of out of the ordinary work if you can’t find any convertible repair shops.
Thank You for that info, called Tim and set up my appointment for Sep 14th. I am glad you shared that so I can enjoy fall foliage with the top down. Your the Best! MPO'

·
Registered
1 Posts

How did you mount back on to the windows?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I need help the same thing happened to my top dealer want 12,000 to replace top

21 - 40 of 48 Posts