Nissan Murano Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, this is not the, my top is broken help me thread.

The dealer wants way too much for a new top, not going to happen. So one of my Hydraulic Cylinders has a bent shaft and sheered off end, send it off to Klaus Witte with Top Hydraulics, Inc., $400 for a rebuild.

Now the fun part is the bracket that holds the top upper window is broken on one side, why they use plastic for that baffles me. I've modeled a new mount and will likely print it on of my 3d printers in nylon.

This has been an interesting experience for me, but pretty straight forward to fix. Let me know who has questions on this process. I'm likely going to build a video of the process of removing the canvas top.
If you figure it out feel free to send it to me [email protected] thank you very much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, this is not the, my top is broken help me thread.

The dealer wants way too much for a new top, not going to happen. So one of my Hydraulic Cylinders has a bent shaft and sheered off end, send it off to Klaus Witte with Top Hydraulics, Inc., $400 for a rebuild.

Now the fun part is the bracket that holds the top upper window is broken on one side, why they use plastic for that baffles me. I've modeled a new mount and will likely print it on of my 3d printers in nylon.

This has been an interesting experience for me, but pretty straight forward to fix. Let me know who has questions on this process. I'm likely going to build a video of the process of removing the canvas top.
I just had my 2014 CC top fail! The key fob does not open the trunk and pressing the trunk handle doesn't work. My top is up and closed but the alarm is sounding when I drive. Open the trunk with the safe key and the luggage rack is in the correct position and the valet switch is on. The top no longer opens. I'm located in California southern part anybody know of a facility besides a Nissan dealer? I took it there 2 years ago and they charged me $2,000 for a control module and I won't go back. Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,763 Posts
I just had my 2014 CC top fail! The key fob does not open the trunk and pressing the trunk handle doesn't work. My top is up and closed but the alarm is sounding when I drive. Open the trunk with the safe key and the luggage rack is in the correct position and the valet switch is on. The top no longer opens. I'm located in California southern part anybody know of a facility besides a Nissan dealer? I took it there 2 years ago and they charged me $2,000 for a control module and I won't go back. Thanks!
You may benefit by reading the entire thread. Nissan dealers usually can't help - all they can do is sell you a complete new top. Dealers aren't in the biz of repairing faulty tops, they just replace parts....and most treat the entire top as one part.

Some owners have manufactured broken parts. Others have found a convertible top shop that has been some help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may benefit by reading the entire thread. Nissan dealers usually can't help - all they can do is sell you a complete new top. Dealers aren't in the biz of repairing faulty tops, they just replace parts....and most treat the entire top as one part.

Some owners have manufactured broken parts. Others have found a convertible top shop that has been some help.
Thanks for the reply! I'm doing the searching now. Hope I can find a magician in California.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have a diagram of the location of the hydraulic pistons that control the operation of the top. Nissan has been of no help. They refuse to sell individual parts only the entire system at 7400.00 dollars. I'm now forced to find rebuildt components . Any help would be appreciated

·
Administrator
9,763 Posts
Does anyone have a diagram of the location of the hydraulic pistons that control the operation of the top. Nissan has been of no help. They refuse to sell individual parts only the entire system at 7400.00 dollars. I'm now forced to find rebuildt components . Any help would be appreciated
I checked the 2013 service manual at Nicoclub.com for a diagram, and I think there is enough to help you: https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual?fsm=Murano+CrossCabriolet/2013/RF.pdf

41 - 48 of 48 Posts