Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I installed the crossbars without an issue last week. Just today I noticed that it appears that the back bar is lower than the front. Yet I have the "Front" rack in the front and the "RR" bar in the back.

Is is proper to have the rear bar lower than the front? I would have though they should be even or at least have the rear slightly higher than the front.

:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed my roof rack crossbars on Wednesday. I thought they were even.

After reading your post, I went out and threw a level across them. And, like you, my front bar is slightly higher than the rear. Just slightly, I had to use the level to be sure. I've also got them installed correctly.

Don't know what to make of that, but you're not alone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are you sure that it is not due to the curvature of the roof of the vehicle?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought about the roof curvature, but I don't think that's the problem (and I'm not really sure that this even is a problem).

I took a 8 foot board and put it across the roof bars at several locations, near the drivers side, near the passengers side, on either side of the antenna in the middle, etc. When I put the level on it, the front was always higher by about a half a bubble.

Maybe the OEM accessories account for this? Higher standoffs in the rear?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of strange. It catches my eye. I was thinking about swaping the bars front to back.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Has anyone else noticed a little extra noise with the OEM crossbars in place? Makes me a little nuts, like a rear window is ever so slightly open.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't say that I've noticed any extra wind noise with them on...... Did you take them out of the box prior to mounting them? :p

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's Cute Gonzo...can you read between the lines?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Uneven crossbars

I installed my crossbars in Febuary to mount my skibox. There is a little noise from the roof but when I closed the sunroof cover, the noise went away.

Once ski season is over I removed the cross bars as I do not need them. I too went out and put a level on to see if they wee level and they wee. If they were not, with the ski box on and its nose pointing up it would have really hurt my gas mileage.:2:

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stoker, did you have the rack labeled FRNT in the front of the car and the RR mounted towards the rear of the car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts