Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the cross bars have finally arrived! I think you can get them at Nissan or here . I'm not sure of the price difference. I think I'm gonna get a pair

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got mine today from the dealer.. $140 but they threw them in when I bought my SL last weekend... I'll be putting them on this weekend...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice let us know how it goes and any secrets or pictures to help other installations.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put them on this weekend and had no issues with it at all.. You get a bunch of shims in different sizes that you use between the cross bars and the rails. You just have to find the right combo for your MO... You need a slotted screwdriver and torx... That's it... Took me about 30 minutes total...

didn't take any pics of the install but I can take a few with them on the car if that would help...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes plese we love pictures here.... close and from a far. Thanks!

:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's a closeup of the drivers side front with the shim in it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Okay.. I'm going to have to re-take the shot s at a lower resolution... sorry...

·
4,664 Posts
Either that or pull them into an editor and resize them and/or save them in a lower res...

I'm looking forward to seeing them!

If you can't do that, email them to me, or someone else, who want's to volunteer and we can resize them for you.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Yeah, feel free to email them to me...I'll resize them. Not a problem.

·
4,664 Posts
Very Nice... I keep thinking what I'd use them for. If I come up with something, I'll get a set!:D

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
:)

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Snow MO I just caught the "wannabe like jaak ;)" ROTFL!:crazyeye:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hard to see from pics.

These crossbars get affixed to rails or the roof directly.

And how difficult it is to take these off, and what about wind noise.

With sunroof open ?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pictures. I'm surprsied at how much curve they have. Can you use them effectively with that much bend?

Great looking color.... that was my first choice until my wife "expressed" her thoughts. Oh well still love my Black MO! :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
jaak said:
Snow MO I just caught the "wannabe like jaak ;)" ROTFL!:crazyeye:
Yeah I think we should start a group! It could be those of us who want to have SAT/Computer/NAV/MP3 all in 1 in our MOs.
-----

The roofracks are pretty nice...if I could justify a reason I will buy them...

·
Registered
31 Posts
The roof rails are bolted directly to the roof racks. There is no adjustability at all. I need them for the ski rack along with an occasional use of cargo carrier when traveling with the in-laws :O)

Plus... I think it's just plain silly to have a roof rack without the cross bars... It just doesn't look right in my opinion..

I have not noticed any addititional wind noise (or rattles) with the sun roof open or closed...

The wind deflector for the sun roof takes care of a lot of the wind noise with the sun roof open.. It's a great accessory...

The color choice was purely my wifes since this is her car... It was a toss up of this one or the white... I think she made the right choice...

·
Registered
243 Posts
04MO said:
The roof rails ....................

The color choice was purely my wifes since this is her car... It was a toss up of this one or the white... I think she made the right choice...
You mean roof rails come in choice of colors, I want green ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered the factory crossbars from my dealership the other day and had them installed in anticipation of an upcoming trip. Unfortunately, when I went to REI to purchase a cargo shell, both Thule and Yakima recommend replacing the crossbars with other, more heavy duty, crossbars. Apparently the Nissan crossbars only have a 100 lb. maximum load capacity and this doesn't help too much considering the cargo shell itself weighs 35 lbs. or so.

Carrying long items like 2X4's, smaller items, etc. is fine. I just wanted to point out that these factory crossbars are not suitable for cargo shells.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Here are the Nissan OEM installed here in Canada. They are actually SportRack bars made for Nissan. I installed 2 Thule mountain bike racks on top:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts