Nissan Murano Forum banner

Crossbars

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bdubs9 
#1 ·
Just scored a set on (really post-) ebay for $78 shipped. I like the way they look.
I would not have paid $100/110/140 , but since they were so cheap i decided to spring...
Never can tell when I might want to tie something up there.

#2 ·
ekaxel-

That's an excellent price!! Was someone parting out their MO or were the rails from an accessory outfit?

-njjoe

#4 ·
ekaxel said:
NJJOE- eat your heart out. The guy was in Matawan, Private - guy just didn't need them because his lease expired.
:2:

-njjoe

#5 ·
Why are these bars so damn expensive??

Are they using alchemy to turn gold bars into steal? :confused:

#6 ·
Margatenj said:
Why are these bars so damn expensive??

Are they using alchemy to turn gold bars into steal? :confused:
I'm still amazed they aren't standard equipment.

Why does Nissan put roof rails on a car and then not include the cross rails?? That's like including a tow hitch on the car as standard equipment and then charging $150 for the harness. That is simply stupid. Are they that desperate for cash?

-njjoe

#7 ·
njjoe said:

Why does Nissan put roof rails on a car and then not include the cross rails?? That's like including a tow hitch on the car as standard equipment and then charging $150 for the harness. That is simply stupid. Are they that desperate for cash?

-njjoe
I agree... I figured... worse come to worse, I would get some rope and a couple of 2x4's and make my own.. (kidding of course...)

#8 ·
njjoe said:

-njjoe
The roof rails are there more for styling then for function. While yes, I suppose you could put a roof cargo carrier up there, I think the appeal to most buyers is that roof rails make the vehicle look more functional and utility-oriented (even if they never use the roof rack).

Personally I think wagons (ok, crossovers) look a bit odd without roof rails, like they are bald. Whenever I see a Mazda 6 wagon, which generally doesn't have roof rails, it makes me wince.

#9 ·
purchasing crossbars

i'm interested in getting crossbars. does anyone know where i can get them? i would like to install a ski rack atop the vehicle in the winter for trips to tahoe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.