Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an image of crossover and SUVs you can compare to Murano. Some on the freshalloy site had mentioned people commented to them how the MO looks like a PT Cruiser.

I thought that might be more due to the stand-out design than the actual lines? The local dealer had a Pontiac Vibe right next to the new Muranos and I had to look twice to realize it was a different vehicle. Probably just the context it was in at the time, they are very different!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hehe, the Isuzu Axiom. Man, I forgot about those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Iz Axiom, Suzuki and Kia are not crossovers - they are 'traditional' boby on frame trucks. Small trucks, but trucks nonetheless. By they way, you could consider it a repeat, but the Vibe clone, the Toyota Matrix, is a crossover you left off.

·
4,664 Posts
Scan through the pictures and you'll see, the STATION WAGON is back!!! Yeeecccchhhh!

·
Registered
57 Posts
?

Can somebody list the makes/models in order of the pictures?
There are a few there I don't recognize.

Thanks

·
5,268 Posts
jaak,

call this what ever you want.........MO looks great and so far I love it!

Why the hell would anybody like a square box on wheels? What ever you would cal it: a van, a suv, a station wagon. It does not matter. Than again some go for look, some for functionality.

Good old question: the form or the function? Murano have them both!

:2:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Kris, jaak, et al

I've just divorced myself from 3 years in a square box (Pathfinder, one of the most comfy of the boxes). Had Murano not been produced in the interim, I don't know what I would have bought.

If the station wagon has returned, reincarnated in something stylish, practical, fun, sporty, and all of that at the same time, then so be it!

Call MO a wagon (as some sites do), and I still want one.

I have more than once looked twice at a Vibe or Matrix, wondering what type of "small SUV/crossover" it was... make it a bit bigger, and... another hybrid hits the segment/pavement.

·
4,664 Posts
Well, that's my point.... ( I think it is, hold on, let me check... Yup, that's it!) The Murano gives me what I want, but doesn't look like a minivan or station wagon.

I like a sporty ride - Check!
I like good acceleration - Check!
I like a vehicle that makes me think "Cool!" - Check!!!!
I like a vehicle that gives me storage space for large boxes, but doesn't make me suffer for it. - Check!
I like to be comfortable in it and is pleasing to use and look at. - Check!

Many of the others in the pictures make me think "STATION WAGON" but the Murano doesn't. I makes me think "CONCEPT VEHICLE" or "HOT WHEELS CAR" or "CUSTOM TRUCK" all of which are just sooooooooooooo awesome!!!

I don't get all this with the others.. Just, the desire to walk away and make a face like I accidentally ate something really disgusting.:runaway:

·
5,268 Posts
jaak,

well said! Could not agree more!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Easy:
1) Murano
2) Chysler Pacifica
3) Pontiac Vibe
4) Chrysler PT Cruiser
5) Porsche Chyanne (sp?)
6) VW Toureg
7) Audi All-Road
8) Infiniti FX
9) BMW X5 (also not listed is the X3, coming soon)
10) Acura MDX
11) Toyota Highlander
12) Honda Pilot (also missing, Honda CRV)
13) Mitsubishi POS (does it matter?!)
14) Kia Sorento (actually a 'truck' not a Xover)
15) Suzuki Vitara (also not a Xover)
16) Volvo X90 (also missing Volvo Cross Country)
17) Lexus RX 330
18) Land Rover Freelander
19) Subaru Forrester
20) Mercedes ML class
21) Isuzu Axiom (also a truck, not a Xover)
22) Saturn VUE

Did I get them right???

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Job, WMOLE!

That Porche Cayenne looks kinda ugly in that photo. The FX looks even more bionic that usual, like it is going to jump right off the page.

I showed our Murano to my brother and sis in law last evening. He said it looks like something from Flash Gordon, he had never seen anything like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts