Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on my latest trip from the north(ON) to the south(FL), one evening we stopped for dinner and when we can out, the Cruise wouldn't engage. I tried several times to turn it on but the Cruise and Set light would blink and it would not engage. I was on the I95 and the MO was clean, etc.

Any ideas on why this happened?

The next morning all was fine again and it ran great all the way home.

Dave

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
i would have pulled over..... shut down engine completely for about a min and start it back and see if it occured again ?

if it worked the next morning it could be

a. some heating issue would have been resolved

b. some other issue (unknown)

but hey it worked again.... on your way back, did u stop over and after that there was no issue ?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
how were you trying to engage the CC? Was the MO turned off prior to the attempt?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cruise Problem

I tried to turn it on exactly how I always turn it on......push the button while driving (about 65 mph) and then set. The power button did not work so the set would not work either.

The only thing that comes to mind is that as I backed out of the restaurant I bumped the curb with the front wheel. Other than that, everything was normal.

Hasn't happened again but I will get the dealer to look at it.

Dave

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
whatsup-

The service manual lists two conditions where the CC lights will blink when attempting to engage it.

I am not sure if this helps.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Cruise Problem

whatsup said:
IThe only thing that comes to mind is that as I backed out of the restaurant I bumped the curb with the front wheel. Other than that, everything was normal.
Dave, just to be sure bump the curb again to see if problem repeats....:2:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info from the service manual.......I was driving north from Savannah, Georgia that day and we stopped for supper in Hagerston, MD and the temp was 40ish outside. We stopped for an hour so the coolant should have cooled down and not have been the cause......the second condition sounds like the culprit. Both the Cruise and Set lights blinked rapidly.

As for the second suggestion.............I will let my wife take it for a drive and we can probably duplicate that idea!!! :)

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts