Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the lowest speed you've set your cruise control to? I had mine at 25 mph, which is about the lowest it goes, I believe. I've had cruise control in other vehicles that you couldn't set below 40 mph.

·
Registered
94 Posts
25 is the lowest I've had it, too. Why do you ask?
I use my cruise alot, almost like hand controls for speed. Cancel when I need to slow, resume when I need to speed up, shift to S when I need to slow down alot. It really highlights the speed changes that other drivers make when you are stuck at one speed the whole time, for curves, hills (up and down), driving next to a big rig, etc..

·
Registered
781 Posts
Too much traffic around here for low speed cruise control.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I did a little test last night. I set the cruise at 25, then tried to go slower by hitting the decel, one click at a time. I made it a few clicks lower before the cruise gave up. So, my guess is 23 is the slowest you can go w/ the cruise.
I can't imagine my commute now without cc. 65 miles one way, and I make only 9 turns. So, I do a lot of strait ahead driving. I usually set it to 5-10 miles over the posted, which is usually right with the flow of traffic.
I read somewhere, maybe even on this forum, about the new adaptive cruise, and that if more people used their ccs, that traffic congestion would be dramatically reduced. I believe it, as I see many a driver pass me, only to slow down below my set speed only a short distance ahead. What really gets my goat is when people on the highway, with a 65 mph limit, hit their brakes as soon as they see a cop on the side of the road. If they were locked in at 65 (or even 70), no brakes, no problems. CC would also help with steep grades.
That's just my 2 cents, and I'm stickin' to it.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
gseepes said:
...What really gets my goat is when people on the highway, with a 65 mph limit, hit their brakes as soon as they see a cop on the side of the road....
Those are probably the same ones who create congestion by driving slower than the rest of the traffic in the passing lane....I actually do better by setting my cc above the posted speed and driving on the slow lane....:3:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I guess I've never really tried this, but the cruise does lose its preset if you drop below a certain speed. For example, lets say you set the cruise at 65, but have to slow down due to congestion. If the speed drops too low the "resume" function on the cruise (which automatically accelerates you back up the original set speed) does not work anymore. I would think this is the same speed as the 20-25mph threshold everyone else is mentioning here.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L. said:
I guess I've never really tried this, but the cruise does lose its preset if you drop below a certain speed. For example, lets say you set the cruise at 65, but have to slow down due to congestion. If the speed drops too low the "resume" function on the cruise (which automatically accelerates you back up the original set speed) does not work anymore. I would think this is the same speed as the 20-25mph threshold everyone else is mentioning here.
You can drop the speed and even stop the car. As long as the ignition is not turned off or CC is not turned off you can use resume to get back to where you were. I do recommend accelerating manually to that speed first before hitting the button though, unless you want to see a red line engine.....:D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:

You can drop the speed and even stop the car. As long as the ignition is not turned off or CC is not turned off you can use resume to get back to where you were. I do recommend accelerating manually to that speed first before hitting the button though, unless you want to see a red line engine.....:D
Hmmm I guess I'll try this out next time. I do remember the few times I used cruise, it would not resume the preset speed after I slowed down though. Maybe I was just doing something wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Just tried it and we are both right!

Set the cc at 65 mph on the freeway. Got off the freeway and stopped at a light. Took off and once the speed was over 25 mph hit the resume button. The MO started to accelerate but strangely enough, very very smoothly. No flooring of the gas at all. Since I did not want to go fast in the city street, I hit the brakes to disengage it and came to stop at the next light. After that, it would no longer engage! Maybe it will do it only once.....!

·
Registered
141 Posts
...What really gets my goat is when people on the highway, with a 65 mph limit, hit their brakes as soon as they see a cop on the side of the road....
Kind of off topic here. I used to not hit the brakes when passing cops until I got pulled over. I was ticketed for doing 12 km/h over the limit (about 8 mph). The RCMP officer told me that he wouldn't have stopped me, but he was giving me the ticket for "being cocky".

Needless to say, I'm now one of those people who brake whenever passing a cop on the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Just tried it and we are both right!

Set the cc at 65 mph on the freeway. Got off the freeway and stopped at a light. Took off and once the speed was over 25 mph hit the resume button. The MO started to accelerate but strangely enough, very very smoothly. No flooring of the gas at all. Since I did not want to go fast in the city street, I hit the brakes to disengage it and came to stop at the next light. After that, it would no longer engage! Maybe it will do it only once.....!
Zelb you figured it out! Cool. I was starting to wonder if my Murano just had a odd behaving cruise control. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts