Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was detailing the interior of my Murano the other day, and when I went to pull the little round part from the cup holder that allows taller beverages, it was stuck. So I pulled harder, and the whole cup holder came out. And on the bottom of it was written Top Rack Dishwasher Safe. So I threw it in the dishwasher, and now it's all clean again.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
So I was detailing the interior of my Murano the other day, and when I went to pull the little round part from the cup holder that allows taller beverages, it was stuck. So I pulled harder, and the whole cup holder came out. And on the bottom of it was written Top Rack Dishwasher Safe. So I threw it in the dishwasher, and now it's all clean again.
It comes out?! Are you talking about the front cup holders? I got to check this out on my car...

·
Registered
81 Posts
The holders in front definitely come all the way out (at least on the '03 model). I discovered it this past weekend the same way Tyler_Canada did. After a few different coffee spills, it was getting pretty nasty in there. I threw it in the dishwasher on the upper rack and it came out clean as could be.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Did nissan decide to glue it down for '04 and '05 models? ugh... have to wait till after work to check out my cupholders. :3:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something I noticed after I took it out of the dishwasher was that it says (in the passenger side) REMOVABLE. That is the side that does NOT have the part that comes out for taller/shorter beverages. It took a bit of force, and if the part with the hole had not been stuck, I'm not sure what I would have pulled on to get it out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Definitely removeable

It is definitely removeable in the 05. I have an 05 and have done it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good to know! I thought every square inch of the vehicle had been thoroughly covered on this site, but it seems there is always more -- love it!

·
Registered
424 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I have pulled and pulled but no dice. Mine is stuck and will not come out...:3:
It should not take much effort to remove it. Maybe you are trying to pull out the wrong part. Place a hand in each round section then push your fingers against the back of the cupholder (the part nearest the armrest) and pull up.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ok I was able to take on the cupholder tray. But it seems to be removable only to clean it. It doesn't allow for bigger cups or bottles. :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The cupholder in the '04 pops out just fine,

It is held in by 2 notches on the passenger and driver side, so when you are pulling it out, grip the front and rear and gently pull upward and it should slide right out. Gripping the sides just makes the notches grip even more, so this could explaine why it isnt coming out easily for some.

What I would like to know is how to remove the ENTIRE cuphold housing, not just the dishwasher safe part.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
This seems rather Basic....but how about some pix from those who have been successful.:)

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
zebelkhan

I can't believe that your won't come out. My 04 and 05 the two different styles both come out a little tug and away it comes. Have you gotten down heal close and tried to see where the space is that closes when you pull up. I am really surprised. You are straying away from the Old profession Too Much GRIP :D:2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
fine fine, its late and i have to finish designing a website for tomorrow (procrastination is KEY to my success :p )

but tomorrow morning i will take a few snapshots, although it comes out rather easily in my opinion :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK, maybe I'm dense. . . .

But I can't get the holder out in my 04, even with a fair amount of force. It doesn't seem to be stuck, as there's a little "jiggle" in it, but I don't seem to be able to unseat whatever clips are holding it in. Pics would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If you are pulling hard you are pulling on the wrong thing. The holder (I would call it a "cup height increaser") removes with little effort. ;)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The little round part for taller/shorter beverages comes out easily (unless it's glued in with coffee). I'm referring to the whole cup holder.

As stated earlier, do not pull on the sides. Pull on the front or back. There are 2 bumps on the sides of the holder that fit into dents in the surrounding plastic. If you pull on the sides, it probably won't work. Make sure the little flap attached to the lid is up.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Grip,

No, I have not strayed away from my old profession. Actually that is exactly why I want to take this a part although it is totally clean, almost brand new like! But I think I have put enough scratches and dents on this baby (even though you can't see most of them but I know they are there!) that I am afraid one of these days I will really break something!

But I am going to try it again tonight. I have to work on my carputer anyway as it looks like the upgraded HD was a piece of junk and needs to be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try this. . . .

Finally got my stuck holder out. Here's what I did: I slid thin butter knives between the holder insert and the console (on the sides next to the two seats). This dislodged the "nubbins" then, with very minimal pressure on the other sides (the side next to the armrest and the console) it slid right out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts