Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove back home on the spare and it seemed to drive fine, but I am just a little worried that I damaged something else when I curbed. I looked under neath on the rim that I curbed and everything appeared fine. Would it be a good idea to have Nissan look?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'd get them to check out the alignment and suspension settings(toe, camber and caster) just to be on the safe side so that you don't end up wearing the new tire out prematurely or have any pulling to either side.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Get it checked at a good tire/alignment shop, not Nissan. That way it will be done right the first time!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nissan lucklily has the tire in stock and I can get it replaced today! So I'm going to have them do it instead of waiting a week for another local place to get a tire in. Ekaxel: you don't think Nissan will be able to do the job right? Maybe they can do it right, but it might not be not be right the first time ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking for Alignment specs.

Ok got my tire, and an alignment and according to Nissan everything appears alright. I was able to get them to do an alignment for free, that's a good thing cause I guess I got what I paid for. They said they couldn't see any damage and that according to the alignment machine everything came out within spec.

I might end up taking it to another alignment place and see what they suggest cause it feels like it's pulling to the right, and the knucklehead didn't even air up the tires before he did my alignment.

Could someone post the alignment specs for the Murano? N/M I didn't realize that it was posted on my printout..

·
Registered
545 Posts
Did you have to pay a higher price for the tire, etc. going through Nissan? Or was the work warranty? I need a tire, but I am going to JustTires to save some coin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should check out treaddepot.com for 105 dollars you can get the Goodyear Eagle tire and they have free ground shipping through the end of August. The site says that the tire stock is low and to call for availability. If you are needing one it shouldn't be an issue.

I ended up paying 155 dollars for a tire at nissan and that included mounting and balancing and installation. I figured that wasn't too bad, and I was able to get a free alignment. I know a local tire shop charges 25 dollars a piece to mount and balance a tire. So if I could have gotten a tire online for 105 and had it installed it would have cost me 130.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Front alignment specs from the 2003 FSM.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Rear alignment specs from 2003 FSM.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
folgersoldier said:
Coolzero sorry to hear that,
I have a set of spare SL rims if you want to replace the one you damaged. They are used but I have two that are perfect.
Thank you, but the rim isn't very bad and I think I will save my money towards an aftermarket set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts