Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every just joined the forum n looking for some ppl that currently own an 2005 murano have a few questions so I know where to start looking for an oil leak n other problems

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi every just joined the forum n looking for some ppl that currently own an 2005 murano have a few questions so I know where to start looking for an oil leak n other problems
Oil leaks can be more difficult to find if they've been around for a while. I would suggest cleaning up the area really well with an engine degreaser since once the area is clean, it will be easier to find the leak. Just take a short drive, let the car cool down, and go look for the leak. If you're not sure which system is leaking (e.g. engine vs transmission), you can buy a UV dye kit to narrow the problem down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most definitely oil....exactly what the place i got it from did no oil anywhere til a few day after i checked it I noticed oil below the valve cover ..mkinda worried about it be a small crack in the head or the head gasket is bad?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Most definitely oil....exactly what the place i got it from did no oil anywhere til a few day after i checked it I noticed oil below the valve cover ..mkinda worried about it be a small crack in the head or the head gasket is bad?
Likely just the valve cover gasket. If it's the front cylinder bank then it should be pretty straightforward, but if it's the rear bank near the firewall it's quite a bit more work since you would have to remove the window cowl and upper intake plenum--might as well do the spark plugs too if doing all that work.

Did the place you bought it from offer you any kind of warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope as is .....have a feeling they knew it n didn't say anything after they made a remark of we sold cars with check engine lights on ....was told that after i got the car which really pissed me off

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope as is .....have a feeling they knew it n didn't say anything after they made a remark of we sold cars with check engine lights on ....was told that after i

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I im pretty sure it's burning alot of oil im finding no oil lying on the ground any ideas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
Spaggy
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing