Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for any insight....

I'm looking into getting either an SE/SL AWD w/all options except Navigation on either car (leather, moonroof, traction, cold package). Can anyone tell me what their lease prices have been( 39mo, 12k/yr)? I've got great credit which allows me to lease w/$0 down. Using lease calculators and basing assumptions from dealer invoice, I've come up with a price of $406/mo as per terms above (pre tax, $32k invoice). Is this not attainable?

·
Registered
400 Posts
On Edmunds, they list a lease "special"

I was checking on Edmunds and they list a lease special for an SL AWD with the Premium package, Leather and Sunroof for $512 a month. :eek: I've pasted the details from Edmunds site below.

Somehow $512 a month seems steep to me. Am I off base? :confused: I'd almost call this a "Dis-incentive" (maybe just a "Dis"?) On top of the $512, you've got to add tax and license fees... so the monthly payment is in the neighborhood of $540-550 a month.

I plan on purchasing my MO anyway since I drive a bunch of miles.

Bob K.

---------Nissan Lease "Special" below-----------

$512 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
36 Month Term
$1487 Down Payment
NA Security Deposit
12000 Annual Mileage
Restrictions Lease based on 2003 Murano SL AWD with SL Premium Package, Leather and Sunroof (model #17813) subject to availability to qualified lessees through Infiniti-Nissan LT.
Comments Excludes taxes, title, license and options. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,487 consumer down payment, $512 first month payment, $0 security deposit).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that definitely seems well north - personally, I don't like Edmunds lease calculator - since I'm in finance, I like to look at all components via a spreadsheet - this also helps me to see where dealers are potentially screwing around with lease. Nissan dealership in Northern NJ quoted me $498 and I still thought that was high (not sure if that included tax or not).

·
Registered
34 Posts
They have been advertising a $399 per month lease here in the Pittsburgh area.
Today's Sunday Paper Ad of Wright Nissan in Wexford states the following:

SL with Premium package and moonroof (does not include all your desired options)
48 month lease $399
$2149 Total out of pocket plus tax and license

I don't know any further details (mileage allowed etc.) about it. All I know is that I've seen them advertised at this lease rate several times by several dealers in the last few months.

·
Registered
66 Posts
MO lease

I met a guy recently who had just leased a Murano in Dallas, Silver with Caffe Latte Leather Seats. He was paying $450/month for a lease. I don't know all the options it had. I'm pretty sure it had a sunroof, and I don't think it had navigation.

The dealership had quoted him $450 over the phone, and then told him $750 when he got there. He said he threw a major tizzy fit and evenutally got it for $450.

Just more evidence of the deceptive standard business practices of car dealers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure what the advantage would be leasing these days. I financed my Murano for 5 years with an interest rate of 3.19%!! I can't imagine why anyone would lease with the rates so low.:rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
I was going to lease my MO before I looked at all the facts. My MO came pretty much loaded, except for the chrome wheels, trailer, and DSC and with $3500 down my payment was going to be $429 for 39 months. Since rates are so low I just bought it and ended up paying $453 and adding an extra year. But I should have it payed off way before then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uh oh, thanks for making me feel guilty!

Just picked it up - dealer had ~ 30 on lot and wanted to move the car same day....got $0 down, $445/mo 12k/yr for an SL AWD with all options excl NAV - moonroof, moonroof wind visor, leather, heated seats, tow thingy for boat, DCP option, and traction control....this baby is loaded!

I definitely feel satisfied that I squeezed the dealer accordingly...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Gimme dem low rates!

In Canada, the first year of the Xterra the lease rate was so much higher than the Pathfinder that the PF was actually cheaper than the $6,000 less XT (MSRP).

They're doing the same with MO: 5.8 to buy, 6.0 to lease an SL, and 6.5 to lease an SE.

Compare that to PF and Altima at 0.9%!

Bring down the APR, or bring down the rate... the day they do it is the day I buy.

They'll drag it out right until the last minute (when the 04s start arriving, and possibly after that into winter).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts