Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased this hitch locally for $145.00. I did not see any reviews on it yet. It is a class 2.5 tubular hitch with a 2 inch receiver opening. Nice hitch. If anyone has an interest, I can post pictures,etc. Just got rear ended in my MO Monday and the hitch took the hit well :(

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Yes, my S had a lot of burrs on it from fabrication and I did have to bend it back into shape from shipping, but I wouldn't call it s%^&.
I didn't have to hack saw it a bit, it went right on.
:confused:
I have used it already to haul enough in a trailer that the Mo was waaaay down in the rear, made me thing of getting airbags for the springs.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard that the Quality S hitch is rough. The Curt fit like a glove, was powder coated, tubes were sealed at the end, etc....Very nice hitch and NOT a Quality S hitch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would someone post pictures of the curt hitch. The instruction shows 5 bolts, the other hitches(Hidden, Locktite, Valley) required 6 bolts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
td01 said:
Would someone post pictures of the curt hitch. The instruction shows 5 bolts, the other hitches(Hidden, Locktite, Valley) required 6 bolts.
http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code=12571

It could be that they cut back the right side because of the interference with muffler hanger I experienced with the Quality S___ piece. There are six tapped holes in the frame of the Murano. My guess picking up 5/6 is no problem.

If I could do it again, I would gladly pay the ~$20 more for the Curt.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey just an idea. My MO has the dark silver lower bumper. I painted the hitch with Rustoleum Dark Bronze Hammer finish before I installed it and it looks great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
megadivers said:
Hey just an idea. My MO has the dark silver lower bumper. I painted the hitch with Rustoleum Dark Bronze Hammer finish before I installed it and it looks great.
Too late for me but a great idea. The non Nissan hitches hang lower do not do much for the rearend view so when mine rusts (which I expect) I think I will sandblast it and do what you suggest. I will trade you pictures? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed the curt hitch - took about 2.5 hours. I was able to mount the hitch without lowing the muffler, but had a hard time getting enough clearance for the torque wrench. Wasted about one hour trying to tighten bolts this way. finaly gave up and remove the hanglers and lower the muffler( this only took 10 minutes). The hitch looks good and blends in well the murano.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Harness for Curt Hitch

Any plans on the harness. I was thinking of going with a Murano harness kit and moding it for the Curt hitch. Anyone actually come up with a way to attach the harness end to the hitch?

Thanks,

Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts