Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one knows of anyone who makes or could make cushioned foam pads for the back of the Murano. What we are picturing are pads that fit the Murano if you put the seats down...for camping. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
'Double' size air mattress

If you slide and tilt forward the front seats, a "Double" size air mattress fits great. I've taken the Murano camping about 7-8 times now and this has worked out great every time.

Just don't sit up too quickly. By the time you add 4-6 inches of height, the ceiling is fairly close.

Oh, and if there are two of you planning on sharing the Murano overnight, you'd better get along well.

·
42 Posts
Hi, you could get one of those memory foam (visco-elastic) mattress pads and cut it to fit the MO. The pads are usually 2-3 inches thick, can be bought in twin/queen/king sizes and roll or fold up nicely when not required.

You can find visco-elastic foam pads in brick n' mortar mattress stores as well as many internet sites.

Good luck and happy camping.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Why not get a big air mattress/pad and sleep in the tent? That's what camping is all about. It will fit just fine in the back stacked up with all the other camping goods.

·
Registered
132 Posts
if you're camping in your mo (or any car) what I've used in the past was a air mattress and electric air pump. (lazy)

Also unless you're running the A/C all night a good idea is plastic window screening held onto the outside around the windows with strip magnets to keep the bugs out - I'm a freak and save crap like the magnets from old refrigerator doors, they work great! and the plastic screen rolls up nicely when done camping.

Thin wooden boards (or PVC piping) laid across the roof hanging 3 feet over the sides of your mo open windows draped with a plastic tarp will work as protection from rain and to block the early sunrise. Or tie rope to the roof rails and to something else (near by tree) and connect a tarp to that...

A plastic box with a locking lid to throw your muddy camp ground shoes in and keep under your car ... you don't want mud and having to smell them all night in your mo. (locking lid to keep the critters out).

Yeah, and you look like a hillbilly... :4:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts