541 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres one pic...for more pics and details see link above

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Uhh...

It looks like he completely ruined a Murano. None of the lines look right. It all seems out of place.

And the wood trim doesn't help much either.

Taken a $35K car and made it looking like a 16-year old's Cavalier.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I dont care for the wood much. I think the housing for the screen is to boxy... but hey if he's happy.
I really want to change my stereo too so I understand his motivation. :4:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Interesting to say the least. I wonder if he did this himself or had someone else do it. I'm sure if someone else did it it was quite pricey. I wonder if his old stereo still works and if it does how did he integrate it so that both stereo systems work.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
steve if you click on the link in my post above it takes you to his page...gives all the details. He had it done at a custom shop in florida. Bose stereo has been removed.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ooops, I went to the webpage before just didn't notice the link for details :1pat: thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder what the red button above his ignition is?

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
The red button? Probably just NOs..(a.k.a nitro) in the case he need it

to race against a ferrari hehehe..

·
Registered
741 Posts
This is simply beyond me. :eek:

This guy should call the police. A grenade just exploded in his MO.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Lots of hard work and remember all tastes may differ. That's why some folks buy a Honda Element. I've seen some 16yr's old cars that look great. It is innovative and well done. Looks a lot better that most GM interiors.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Maybe red button is for seat ejection? Warning light in case he is locked on?

·
4,601 Posts
For what was attempted, it is a good effort, but it still makes my stomach turn...

I think the fake wood with the aluminum showing under the edges is what bugs me the most.... If you're going to do it, make sure you can't see the aluminum. 5 points for trying, -3 points from the style police.

Of course, IMHO....:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree I think it is a good and innovative attempt at solving this issue. I know it's not a problem for those who are happy with the Bose system but some of us want to switch it out so we have to be creative and try to find ways to do so. I dont think it is horrible but I think it could have been better, my main gripe is that the housing should have been a little more "aerodynamic" looking to match the MO, just too boxy for me and I too dont like the wood look, but like I said as long as he is happy with it, because he is the one who has to drive it everyday.

I do like how he has mounted his rearview camera with the hole in the license plate.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
I bet he spent a mint doing that custom install. That radio/screen looks expensive. I bet much more than the factory nav costs. He was probaly kicking himself in the as* because he didnt spend the extra money and get the factory Nav.

Now I am waiting to see whats going to happen when he can't see that little kid riding a Big Wheel on his right side because his view is obstructed. Perhaps the red buton is for an aftermarket OnStar system so he can call an ambulance.

I dont mean to sound harsh..this is my opinion but it seems almost obtuse as having a tv screen in your refrigerator door. (saw one at BestBuy today)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I guess the real question comes when he goes to trade or sell the MO. Would you buy it? Personaly, I wouldn't. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think it would be great to have a TV on my refrigerator :lurk:. Sometimes it just takes sooooo long to get some ice and even longer to fill my Supersized cup full of water:bonk: . I might be able to squeeze in a whole commercial or something. :claphead:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've seen a bunch of custom audio installations in vehicles (CES show every year) and that installation has got to be one of the worst. That whole setup gives me a headache just looking at it.

·
4,601 Posts
I've always wanted a touchscreen computer on my fridge...

I've wanted that, more than changing the Bose out, and neither's happened.;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts