Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my current project...

This is just a temporary mesh grille in the picture (Just to give you an idea how it's going to look.) I'll be installing a nicer and more sturdy and less transparent mesh grille soon. I might match the chrome-like trim to body color when it's all finished. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Holy Crap!!! I've been looking around for something just like that!!!.....

I would want a matching bottom as well....

If your in the market to sell I would not mind being a customer :7:

·
Registered
145 Posts
This looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!!
I'd buy one.......
Did u get an OEM grill then gut the middle to put the mesh in??
Please let us know how'd U do it!:6:

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
hmmmm
this looks like something I suggested back on the thread where jaak posted the huge roadmaster grill pic. Here.

I think the pics of it on the MO don't show it as coarse as it is in the stand alone pic. Maybe if the wire diameter were a little thicker...

N2? Is that welded or wire formed (weaved) mesh?

The thought I had about it was for the dings in the chromed OEM grill--not one month after I got my MO, some danged low boy with some huge tractor on it was raining rocks all over the expressway.
Result?
2 rock chips in windshield
a couple chips off paint on hood leading edge
some dings on the chromed plastic grille
I was goin "AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!" as the rocks pinged off my front end.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Awesome! Simply awesome! Any in progress pics? :29:

Now why is it so hard for all of the aftermarket companies to not think of this idea? The G35 has a grille like this and it looks awesome! I'm not surprised that it looks just as at home on the nose of the MO.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Do you have any pictures of it head on?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
That looks much better now that I view it on a brighter monitor.

·
5,268 Posts
I would not say "nasty".............I prefer OEM..........is kind of funny...always smiling.......:D

·
Registered
116 Posts
N2,

Add me to the potential customer list. I think it looks great. :4:

·
Registered
758 Posts
N2

I like it, I would buy one. Especially since my brand new Murano has a two inch scratch on the grille. I took delivery at night and did not find it until a couple days later while washing it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think it looks kind of cool, but I think it's missing something. Just not sure what you could do to it to make it look better. Maybe some cross bars...I dunno. From the pic though it looks like you did a great job of fabricating the frame. Good work

·
Registered
834 Posts
How about incorporating the Nissan \ / into the grill like the Titian, etc.

EdMPT said:
I think it looks kind of cool, but I think it's missing something. Just not sure what you could do to it to make it look better. Maybe some cross bars...I dunno. From the pic though it looks like you did a great job of fabricating the frame. Good work

·
Registered
758 Posts
Missing Something

I thought the Nissan Emblem Logo from the old grille would look good. Don't know how they attach. N2MURANOS does say it is a work in progress. I think the better "less transparent" mesh that is going to permanant will look better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a picture in the gallery with various grilles I like to know if those are comercially available grilles or prototypes.

if they are available please post the
website

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Any updates on this project? :29:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I like it, all except it is not "centered". I knwo it is in teh center, but there is no visual center point of reference. Like the Nissan logo. The Nissan "\ /", with a logo would finish it off nicely I think....

That is impressive that you got that far on it. It looks like great workmanship! I would buy one...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts