Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOHOO :2: I finally had my stock stereo replaced. For those willing to fork over the big bucks and are lucky enough to know a great installer. With some ingenuity and fine work they manged to fit a Alpine IVA-D300 in to my Mo. With some modifications and ,what I assume as some fiber glass or wood, they removed the stocked deck and shifted the face down. The gap that was lift was used to install the deck and they did a custom match with material to match the material t othe dash. I know I know. Hard to imagine what this looks like and I hope to take some pics, maybe Sunday. I need to clean and spruce up my care and hopefully my cheesy webcam can take some nice pics. Hold your breathe. I would like to think what you will see will blow your mind. It sure blew mine when i saw it....well and my wallet.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Dont forget to mention how much roughly the install has cost you ...

it does not to be exact, maybe 1000+, 1500+ ..you know, just the range ...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm well he gave me a break cuz he is a friend of a friend, plus spending lots of money to have my custom box for the trunk made helped. Here is the break down

The Deck 1600
Navigation 1600
Labor and install roughly 800.:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
simplesb said:
The Deck 1600
Navigation 1600
Labor and install roughly 800.:eek:
WOW!!! :eek:

No offense, but I can think of other places I would rather put 4 grand... :rolleyes:

I'll bet it kicks the OEM stereo's ass, though! :xnuts:

~ Corin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry guys....got caught up with redoing my bathroom and didn't have time to take pictures. I will try to get them this week.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imagine the HU shifted down and the space left between the controls for your Display and HU was used to install the system.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the greatest pictures, thought the camera I was borrowing was better. I guess one of these days I need to put some money down and get a good camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is with the LCD extended

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And of course the NAV

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The custom box for subs

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's a SICK :eek: :eek: install. The only thing that I'd be annoyed with is the nav blocking the OEM screen, mainly the A/C temp. Would it be possible to install the same HU with a seperate enclosure somewhere on the dash?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don't need to drive around with the LCD up unless you need the visuals from the NAV, but then again it is not like you need to keep tabs on the temp at all times neither :p. The system will still play the radio/cd when the LCD is in and you can control some of the features through a remote....I still need to read the instructions.
:banghead:

Oh yeah and it wouldn't look to good if it was installed below..because then it would cover the controls for your A/C

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Im going to look at my own car to see exactly what was done. Nice install, def done right.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
:29:
Thats a pretty sweet install. I am definitely feeling the sub install. Where are the amps located?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The subs are only installed on one side. I don't think I could handle THAT much bass, and I especially don't want to shatter my windows. I haven't turned my speakers all the way because it can get quite loud already. The amps for the Mids and highs are under the passenger seat and I believe the amp for the subs are located right below the enclosure, but I'm not sure haven't really look :8: . They did quite well with hiding everything.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Nice job! I like the sub enclosure.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Damn! So they moved the entire console down! That's what I would call "thinking outside the box".

Nice work!

If I ever get one, I think I am going to install it under the HVAC controls. I'm still waiting for Stinger to make a high amp alternator before I move on though....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts