Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was backing out of a parking spot at the movie theater last night and CVT started to rev real high and car wasnt moving. Put it into drive and tried to go but just reved then a loud pop noise. Had it towed to my nissan dealer and they said it needed a new tranny. But they said it cant be touched till monday when thery can contact the nissan tech line. On top of this the car only has 11000 miles on it.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Hardly any consolation, but I'm terribly sorry to hear about your situation. I hope they fix everyting right the first time.

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Atleast you made it to 11,000.

My CVT died at 4k.

I got a new transmission and have been problem free ever since.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only worry is that im will be with out the Mo for a week or two with a POS loaner car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing yet. They told me there not authorized to take any action until monday when they can contact Nissan tech line since this is the second Mo that has had this problem at my dealership. It wouldnt be a big deal except for the fact that I live in a small city. And there are only like 6-7 Muranos in this city. The only positive is that our lemons laws are very strict. If your vehicle is in the shop for a warrenty issue for more than 10 days you can get a new vehicle under the lemon law.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only positive is that our lemons laws are very strict. If your vehicle is in the shop for a warrenty issue for more than 10 days you can get a new vehicle under the lemon law.

ZAMP here, Nissan has had my MO since Fri 4/23/4 and did not start service on car till Mon 4/26/04 for tranny failure. According to them, job should be completed this Fri 5/7/4. The thought of a new replacement MO SL AWD is Appealing.:D

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
You do not understand the Ohio Lemon law.

Here is the "lemon test" as listed on your states web page.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the first 12 months or 18,000 miles did you have one or more of the following occur:

Has the same problem been subject to three or more repair attempts without being fixed?

Has your vehicle been out of service for a total of thirty or more calendar days?

Have there been eight or more different defects in your vehicle?

Has there been at least one failed attempt to repair a "deadly" defect (something that is likely to cause death or serious injury if the vehicle is driven)?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohio's law seems no more restrictive than others.

Homer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got the good/bad news today. The parts for the diff and cvt are on back order and arent expected to arrive from japan for 6 months. There explanation to us was that there are no cvt's around and there backordered at the plant for replacements. Good news is that from what there telling me we will be receving a new 04 Mo tommarow.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
No problem Zamp

Just didn't want you riding into the Service managers office with incorrect info.
It will be interesting to see how you do compared to MoMurano.

MoMurano....really?

That's amazing!

That is going to cost Nissan "several" new 04s.
With ANY car there will be a few Auto Trannys break.

With the Honda Odysey for instance, it would have cost them several thousand (Estimated) new Odyseys as that transmission is apparently a real POS.

Sure hope my transmission breaks this week! :2:

Homer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem for Nissan is that there are more than a few Muranos with trannys going out. The demand for replacement trannys has far exceded what they expected. My only prob is that it took my nissan dealer ship 4 weeks to locate my current Murano. Im just hoping not to have that same prob again.

·
Registered
758 Posts
MoMurano

Good luck. This is a little troubling as it seems we are hearing about more CVT failures in the last several weeks and the backlog of orders for replacements does not leave me with a warm fuzzy. I was hoping it was a small issue and Nissan just was not prepared, but your statement seems to indicate that the problem is more widespread.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Food For Thought...
Is it just me or what, but I noticed no more Murano commercials on TV since 2004. But then again I haven’t seen a Q45 commercial lately either. Even NissanUSA.com homepage is pushing every vehicle but the Murano…Hmm
:confused:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
MOMURANO, wow a new MO. We talking brand new as in no miles on it a 2004, that's great. Does this cost you anything at all? I can see maybe registration and plate transfer. Please keep us posted.
Bob1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will keep you posted once i get back from the dealer this afternoon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*Update*
After many calls to my local nissan dealership and nissan head quaters we finnaly have a agreement. Since there are no matching Muranos in AZ and the best they could offer was a black with rear seat entertainment but no nav which is not gonna happen they finally decided to remove the CVT from another murano on the the lot and put it into mine. They will then put my CVT which still hasnt arrived into the donor murano from there lot. IF all goes accordingly should have the MO back wensday.

·
5,268 Posts
MoMurano,

did you vote in the "failed CVT" poll? So far we had only 2 votes, meaning CVT is not that bad. Let's wait and see.

Good luck with your new CVT...........

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: Dead CVT

Dij said:
Zamp,

Several of us were discussing last week or the week before that we'd seen some Mo commercials.
I have seen recent ADs and Print work as well. I also had to have my CVT replaced. I noticed a couple of times on hot days and after extended trips that it would lag or delay engaging after the accelerator pedal was depressed.It did not do this all the time and unfortunately for me I only took such trips on weekends-when the dealership was closed. Finally got it to replicate on saturday A.M. when a few guys work in service. Drove it to them and they tested it. Within 1 week Nissan reps were there and had it replaced. I have been away from it however so I still don't know if it is all Hunkey Dory. I oddly enough have another situation that has come up that no one has brought up. My 2 front seats have displayed odd linear burn marks on the vinyl side panels close to where the center console is. Yes the seats are leather but the sides are not! They are no larger than a pencil lead, and are in the same area on both seats. I have showed the dealership and they just poo pooed it off That I'm burning them with cigs or something. Well I dont smoke and no one ever has nor will in my cars. I had them pull a seat apart as I figured it was from the seat heaters and they claim there are no wires there and the burn did not come from the underside. Any thoughts on this?:confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts