Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the latest information on how often the CVT fluid should be changed? I've got 45k on my '03 m-o, and haven't changed yet. I know the manual called for 30k, using the premium service schedule (I don't use that). Ix there a recommendation for the schedule 1 or 2 frequency?
Thanks,
Pete

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I think the schedule 1 and 2 specify checking the fluid only, not replacing.

I bought the fluid myself (6 qts) and did a drain and refill at the 30k service. The new fluid was a clear green color, the fluid that drained out was the color of barely used motor oil (not quite amber, but not brown either). I paid $18/qt for the green plasma that functions as CVT fluid. And no, there isn't an aftermarket substitute.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
pbeinetti-

All indications are that the CVT fluid does not need to be changed to maintain the warranty. It also looks like the CVT fluid may last the life of the MO.

In another year or two, as more and more MOs hit the 100K, 125k, and 150K marks, we will have a better understanding of the effects of maintenance on the CVT.

-njjoe

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
njjoe said:
pbeinetti-

All indications are that the CVT fluid does not need to be changed to maintain the warranty. It also looks like the CVT fluid may last the life of the MO.
-njjoe
I agree but man... that is odd... very odd. I'll probaly change me at 45K miles.

·
5,244 Posts
I did "maintenance" on both Murano (60K) and FX (35K) and I have to say I do encourage changing lubricating fluids at 2years/30k intervals. If you can do it yourself is is really cheap.

Based on my experience I am going to do it at a regular intervals. It is a small price to pay for "piece of mind". Oh, and do enjoy doing it myself! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts