Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't need on yet but was reading in the service manual. Does this make sense to you?

Changing CVT Fluid ACS002KX

1. Warm up CVT fluid by driving the vehicle for 10 minutes.
2. Drain CVT fluid from CVT fluid cooler hose (return side) and refill with new CVT fluid at CVT fluid charging pipe with the engine running at idle speed.
3. Refill until new CVT fluid comes out from CVT fluid cooler hose (return side). About 30 to 50% extra fluid will be required for this procedure.

This is done with the engine running? I guess you don't drain it but rather "flush" it out? How does one know which is the return side? Service manual doesn't state it. See attached image.

Attachments

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
This sounds like normal automatic tranny fluid change (flush) procedures.

Sorry, can't help with which side is which. I'm guessing that's dealer info only, as they are the only ones who can get the fluid.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
my guess would be the "To radiator" would give it away.. #14..

sounds normal to me as well.. since the transmission is not active (just running at idle speeds, so it should be in park and "disconnected") it should be ok to change the cvt fluid.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks never owned an automatic before. Darrylburke #7 and #14 both are labeled to radiator. I have not locked but there may be an arrow on the hose or radiator itself.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I thought the return side is the tube "returning" from the radiator to the transmission. Although I am willing to bet it doesn't make much difference which tube you use. This procedure is rather complicated (and messy from what it sounds) - I would just let the dealer do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts