Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have a 09 murano with almost 130k miles on it. Looking at the records this car from what I've seen has never had a CVT fluid drain and fill. I've seen that people have changed their fluids at 30k miles, 80k miles, and some have never even touched it. I've recently checked my CVT fluid and it's pretty much an amber color, smells fine, and doesn't look burnt at all. Should I leave it and or have it changed at Nissan? I've heard that when people have had their fluid changed they've had problems pop up fairly quickly with their CVT. Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Color doesn't tell you anything reliable about gear oil or engine oil. If I were you I'd change it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As far as people who had problems shortly after a change, they don't tell you the whole story. Typically, when a person has a hiccup in their high mileage transmission, they think a fluid change will help solve the problem. So when the transmission takes a dump afterward, they naturally broadcast to the world that the fluid change is at fault, completely ignoring the fact that their transmission was on its way out anyhow. They suffer the "it's never my fault" syndrome.

There is no problem changing fluid on a healthy transmission. I recommend it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts