Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post pictures of the front and back of the bottle please. I have access to the oil manufacturers and I would like to see if I can get the info off the bottle to cross reference the stuff. Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Papermaker-

Sorry, all I could find was the front.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Don't waste your time. There is no known cross reference. Now that the Maxima and Altima are coming out with a CVT, maybe there will be enough volume for someone to jump in.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Papermaker said:
Thanks, But I need something closer.
Papermaker-

That's as close as you are going to get unless you see it in person. Head on over to the dealer and ask for a bottle, jot down the required info and give them back the bottle. Or better yet, ask for a copy of the MSDS sheet.

Like ekaxel stated earlier, I doubt there is anything out there compatible to the Nissan CVT fluid, unless you can find something with a JATCO label on it.

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that there was nothing compatible, only that there was nothing that Nissan has approved YET.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I have bottles of the CVT fluid sitting in my garage right now. I'll take pictures and post it tomorrow sometime. Hold tight!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Eric L. said:
I have bottles of the CVT fluid sitting in my garage right now.
Eric-

Shouldn't they be locked up in a safety-deposit box or at least under lock and key? :D

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The front. Sorry for the poor quality, my Sony digital camera is on its last legs and quickly dying. I took a dozen pictures each, different lighting, macro on and off, and this was the best of the bunch.

Advice to all: never buy Sony anything. Everything I have thats Sony, breaks right after the warranty period. End rant.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The back. Again, sorry for the poor image quality. Grrrrr.....Sony. There I go with my anti-Sony diatribe again!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes, people you read that right - the back of the CVT fluid bottle says "petroleum oil." Oh well, I guess most synthetics have a petroleum base stock.

·
5,244 Posts
Eric L. said:
The front. Sorry for the poor quality, my Sony digital camera is on its last legs and quickly dying. I took a dozen pictures each, different lighting, macro on and off, and this was the best of the bunch.

Advice to all: never buy Sony anything. Everything I have thats Sony, breaks right after the warranty period. End rant.
Get a Canon! I have had at least 5 Canon cameras for last 15 years with very good luck...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Eric L. said:
The back. Again, sorry for the poor image quality. Grrrrr.....Sony. There I go with my anti-Sony diatribe again!

I defense to Sony the picture quality is poor for a few reasons which would happen with any camera digital or not:

1. Flash is off, taken in flourescent light, hence the green hue
2. Image is blured due to camera movement while the picture was taken. Since the flash was turned off, the camera needed a slow shutter speed and hence the need to hold the camera steady, which the "photographer" didn't. :14:

Recommend taking the same picture in natural lighting conditions or with the flash.

Photo 101 is dismissed! :p

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:

I defense to Sony the picture quality is poor for a few reasons which would happen with any camera digital or not:

1. Flash is off, taken in flourescent light, hence the green hue
2. Image is blured due to camera movement while the picture was taken. Since the flash was turned off, the camera needed a slow shutter speed and hence the need to hold the camera steady, which the "photographer" didn't. :14:

Recommend taking the same picture in natural lighting conditions or with the flash.

Photo 101 is dismissed! :p
1) Actually no. This was taken in my garage, during the daytime, natural sunlight. No flash needed.

2) Camera was placed on top of a box, and the timer used, to get the steadiest shot.

I've posted many pictures on this website, and most of them are of acceptable quality. Its just recently that my Sony conked out.

*Nothing* you will say will convince me that Sony cameras are good. My Sony used to work perfectly, now the white balance is completely off (manual adjustment doesn't correct enough). Every sony product I've owned has died a premature death, save for my PS2. Probably going with a Canon ELPH next (maybe the SD700).

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Looks like I forgot to mention... I flunked out of photography 101.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Sony... I have a Sony... I think all my pictures in my Gallery are taken with it...... no problems so far.... I think its been three years.

·
5,244 Posts
Eric,

I told'ya, get Canon...;)

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Gonzo said:
Looks like I forgot to mention... I flunked out of photography 101.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Sony... I have a Sony... I think all my pictures in my Gallery are taken with it...... no problems so far.... I think its been three years.
My sony died at around 4 years old. Don't get me wrong, I think when brand new, Sony products are pretty snazzy. Stylish and cool. But they just don't seem to be that durable (in my hands). :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts