Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, what type of maintainance does the cvt require and how often must it be performed? Any idea on cost of service would also be appreciated.

·
4,664 Posts
I was told by one dealer that the CVT is replaced, if there's any problems or it's worn out. It's not practical to repair, apparantly. So whatever the reccommendation is for maintenance, we better stick to it!

On the positive side, they say it's cheaper than a conventional transmission, so the replacement cost is supposed to be less.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think, if I plan to keep my Murano for a long time, I will probably want to change the CVT fluid & filter often. And I may add a good cooler as well.
This trans uses high fluid pressure to clamp the belt between the variable diameter pulleys (so there is no slippage between the belt & pulleys.)
Since the vehicle is heavy & the engine is powerful, the pressure is great.
Pressure creates HEAT! Heat destroys fluids. (I noticed the cooling fins mounted to the transmission pan to help control the heat.)

I have checked the CVT fluid, & I see it's clear (Like water.) in color. I think I'll try to keep it clear by changing it it every 15-20,000 miles. Or if I see that it turns dark any sooner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts