Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day

I have a cvt transmission. I have an intermittent problem. Sometimes when I am cruising between 80 to 100 km the car starts to buck and the gear changes from high to low and back again and this causes the engine to rev and slow back down. The check light comes on. Leave it for about 15 minutes or so with the car turned off, it works fine until about a week or so and the problem occurs.
If you continue to drive, the car goes into limp mode so you can drive home safely.

When a service tech checked it he got both A/T second signal as well as the line pressure solenoid codes. Since the problem is erratic he cant pin point which one. ( he used the pedal trick to retrieve the codes)

Can anyone tell me which is really the cause of my problem.

I will appreciate it so much.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finally got my '03 back from the shop after a 3 day hiatus. I had a problem similar to what you were describing and the dealership mech couldn't determine whether the code was pointing to a transmission or computer fault. After talking with Nissan tech and trying a couple of things, ultimately replacing the TCM (transmission control module) solved the problem. Now it runs smoother than ever. I was also previously getting unbelievably poor gas mileage and after the fix it has doubled!!
Don't know if this helps ya, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

·
5,268 Posts
I had similar problem several months ago. TCM was replaced. Since then everything seems to be OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts