Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my pretty 2009 Murano worthless? Once moving no problems with CVT slipping at all. When I stop, I very lightly push gas pedal and in a few seconds she picks up speed without slipping. Cannot stop on hills at all or she will roll backwards. Showing code for transmission selenoid, my mechanic thinks stuck maybe but has little knowledge of CVT s. Nissan says I need to replace for $5000.00 that they don’t repair them, only replace. She has been a fantastic car for over a year. Only 125,000 miles and I never drove her hard. Please tell me that I don’t have to give up on her. Can’t afford to put any more money into big repairs, but I truly don’t believe that it needs replaced. I still drive around town most every day, took her on a 60 mile drive on the highway last week and had no problems accelerating at all while moving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it's the code for the stepper motor, it's replaceable. I believe it's on top of the valve body in the CVT, and you can get to it by pulling the pan and then the valve body. Others with more experience will chime in, but I've looked into it as my Murano has higher miles and I want to be prepared to do the job if I need to.

I found a few on Amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A681737D-6CF7-4D9C-91C7-3CB329E201D1.jpeg

Is my pretty 2009 Murano worthless? Once moving no problems with CVT slipping at all. When I stop, I very lightly push gas pedal and in a few seconds she picks up speed without slipping. Cannot stop on hills at all or she will roll backwards. Showing code for transmission selenoid, my mechanic thinks stuck maybe but has little knowledge of CVT s. Nissan says I need to replace for $5000.00 that they don’t repair them, only replace. She has been a fantastic car for over a year. Only 125,000 miles and I never drove her hard. Please tell me that I don’t have to give up on her. Can’t afford to put any more money into big repairs, but I truly don’t believe that it needs replaced. I still drive around town most every day, took her on a 60 mile drive on the highway last week and had no problems accelerating at all while moving.
Btw, only 125,000 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wendi - So you decided to part with it sadly. The trade-ins are always almost a disadvantage. Just was curious on what were the codes ...Like Ophidia suggested if you got a P1778, it could have been small stepper motor which could have solved your problem.

Ophidia - I have a 2007 Murano with 90,000 miles. I am seeing the CVT is slipping at times and last time my Nissan tech pulled a P1778 from the ECM. How do I get the correct stepper motor part number for my Murano. I plan to order it ahead of time. Do you suggest I first pull out the faulty stepper motor first and match the part while ordering ?

Thanks for any advise

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nissan offered free extended warranty on 09 cvt’s to 130. Under customer satisfaction programs.
I thought the extended warranty only went to 120k miles. Do you have anything showing 130k as I am in need of service and just under 130k.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I thought the extended warranty only went to 120k miles. Do you have anything showing 130k as I am in need of service and just under 130k.
I had a copy of a tsb in my computer. I’ll look for it when I get home

1 - 9 of 9 Posts