Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed something with the CVT (70k Km)..

when I'm coming up to a light, after a nice easy coast, I start to let off on the gas (Approx 1500 rpm). then I take it off completly, and coast up to the light.. (The RPMs never drop back to idle)..

when I get close to the light ,and start to break, it feels like the CVT is still "pushing" .. when I get slower, I feel (and see the RPMs) drop off like a rock, and I feel a "nudge" as the CVT lets go and drops to idle..

anyone else encounter this????? should I be worried??

·
Registered
19 Posts
There was a post about this recently. I believe it is the clutch in the torque converter disengaging. All MOs do this.

Edit: The post I was referring to is: "Brake Problem or Maybe Tranny Issue??" It's two posts below this one.:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had this problem since I bought my Murano in December '02, and there were several "CVT Drag" threads in early '03. When coasting between 15 - 30 mph you will feel a bit of a drag. As soon as the speed drops below 15 mph the CVT disengages and the car freewheels. Not a problem but a bit of an annoyance.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I notice this too, I am pretty certain its the feel of the torque converter disengaging, usually at around 15mph.

·
5,244 Posts
It is TQ at 18mph...........

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Yep, it's the electronic TC lockup unlocking. I think the mushiness we feel at 4k rpm is also because of unlocking.....I wish they would have pushed that out to like 5600 rpm. But, maybe it is because of the torque limitations of the CVT---trying to give it more longevity.
It has been mentioned before that if you lift a little at 4k, da MO gets up---I think it is just locking the TC back.
I have felt it waffle many times at high rpms. Like the other day when me and a brand new viper went shooting off down a loooong off ramp, course, I watched him walk away from me, but I knew if the TC would have been a bit stouter he would have walked away a lot slower.
:2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts