Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here (I've tried to search-no relevant results). Our Murano has a strange clicking noise when I mash on the accelerator. It seems random, but only when stepping on the accelerator. It does not happen when on idle, neutral or park. I’ve tried to leave it in neutral or park and rev the engine, but the clicking does not happen. I have not suffered any performance loss (that I can tell), but the clicking is annoying and potential damaging. I wanted to get some feedback before taking it to the dealer. You know that they’ll find something that will cost money!

So, it’s a 2004 Murano SL AWD w/ 18K miles

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
842 Posts
You should take it back to the dealership and have a tech check out that tick in your transmission. It could be from a number of things from a bearing that is starting to fail to faulty electronics.

Seeing that you only have 18K miles your warranty should cover all repairs. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
If it is a clicking that increases in frequency with speed, that has been found a couple of times here to be the emergency brake cable dragging against the drive shaft. I see you have an AWD, so that may be it.
If it clicks only once or twice on accelleration (and braking with me) my problem was fixed by tightening motor mounts. I could make it click in park with the engine off by rocking it back and forth hard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. It seems it would be a bearing issue or something reading through all the CVT posts. Again, sorry to beat a dead horse. Thanks for the feedback. I will post the results after getting into the dealer next week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've been hearing some noise from inside the cabin as well.
i was out all night with mo, and the noise got louder and sounds like its coming wither from the engine area or underneath the car.
Kinda like its vibrating, humming, belt noise.
Its driving me insane. Hope its not the transmission.
i have an appointment on tuesday.
hope whatever it is, is covered under waranty.

·
Registered
142 Posts
muranosl said:
I've been hearing some noise from inside the cabin as well.
i was out all night with mo, and the noise got louder and sounds like its coming wither from the engine area or underneath the car.
Kinda like its vibrating, humming, belt noise.
Its driving me insane. Hope its not the transmission.
i have an appointment on tuesday.
hope whatever it is, is covered under waranty.
please let us know what they (and you ) find out. i think i hear the same noise.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just last week I had a rattling noise that sounded to me like it was coming from just underneath the gear shift. It went away when accelerating heavily, but was there any other time while driving. It was the e-brake cable.

The day after I got it fixed, it came back. I took it in again, and after an hour, they finally finished fixing it again. Both repairs were covered under warranty.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just had this fixed on friday on my 05 so it's still a problem for all years. I saw this thread, but didn't put two and two together. I was able to reproduce the sound by lifting up or slightly depressing the emergency brake pedal while drifting to a stop. Dealership fixed it up fast. They said that the brake cable goes to a "Y' connection under the transmission to go to the rear wheels. They tightened it up and sent me on my way.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They told me that they ended up re-routing the e-brake cable. Who really knows, though :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just had my clicking problem resolved.. It was the driver side front axle that had a bad bearing. No more"clicking"

----------------
2003 SL Touring
Super Black

1 - 11 of 11 Posts