Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the group and have a 2010 mo. I am getting ready to undergo a valve body replacement on the cvt and am looking for any tips. I am an experienced mechanic but have 0 knowledge of cvt transmissions. What all can i expect as far as any issues ? And does this transmission have an internal or external filter ? I know it is the REF09A transmission is about all.
Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
I am new to the group and have a 2010 mo. I am getting ready to undergo a valve body replacement on the cvt and am looking for any tips. I am an experienced mechanic but have 0 knowledge of cvt transmissions. What all can i expect as far as any issues ? And does this transmission have an internal or external filter ? I know it is the REF09A transmission is about all.
Thanks
I'm not sure about an internal filter, but it does have an external filter mounted on the LH side (Part No. 31726-1XE0A)--it's $30-$40 from the dealership.

There is a ROM assembly in the CVT that has calibrated data specific to each individual vehicle that's used by the TCM. Any time the TCM and/or the CVT is replaced, there is supposed to be a recalibration procedure done afterward. If the TCM is not replaced, I think this procedure can only be done with the factory scan tool (CONSULT-III). You can find language about this in the service manual pp. 8-9 linked below. I believe (but I'm not certain) that this ROM assembly is mounted on or in the valve body. If so, you may be able to transfer the old ROM to the new transmission. Another possibility would be to have a dealership do the recalibration if you don't have access to the factory scan tool. Check out YouTube as there are quite a few videos of techs tearing down CVTs.

Factory Service Manuals - NICOclub

Good luck and let us know how it turns out (...if you have pics to post that would be great too).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely post a play by play as i go on. Thanks for the info about the ROM.....i am definately gonna have to look int that aspect !!

·
Registered
564 Posts
I will definitely post a play by play as i go on. Thanks for the info about the ROM.....i am definately gonna have to look int that aspect !!
I also found this parts catalog at the link below. I'm attaching the PDF also in case that link goes dead. If you look at #469 on the 1st page diagram, that's the ROM assembly and it does indeed look like it's mounted on the valve body. If you look on the 4th page (page 10.18C of the catalog), it references two different part numbers 203469A and 203469AA. Hope this helps.

https://at-manuals.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/manuals/catalog RE0F09A.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely will !! I've been watching valve body replacement videos on my application. Everything seems pretty cut and dry. I really appreciate the info on the ROM. I never would have suspected that in a million years !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts