Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Murano AWD with 16K miles on it. Today left the house and the check engine light was on and the car will not get above 20mph. There is a weird smell as well. Anyone have an idea on this? The RPM guage goes up but the transmission seems like it is stuck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another insteresting thing, I was pulling the mo out so when the flat bed arrived they could drive it off. I noticed the AWD light was off but check engine light was still on. So i drove it a 1/4 mile or so and it ran like normal. So i am assuming i must have a computer problem or something.

·
4,601 Posts
Sounds like something put it into limp mode...

No matter the issue, I think you want the dealer to look at it!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jmeitz said:
Another interesting thing, I was pulling the mo out so when the flat bed arrived they could drive it off. I noticed the AWD light was off but check engine light was still on. So i drove it a 1/4 mile or so and it ran like normal. So i am assuming i must have a computer problem or something.
jmeitz-

Keep us apprised of your situation. It will be helpful to other forum members to learn what caused your symptoms.

-njjoe

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Mo back Monday night. Dealership told me it was a software issue with the computer and did a flash to it and upgraded the software version for the transmission. Does this sound right? It seems to be running fine.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Whenever the check engine light is on, the computer stores a code. This code tells you exactly what is wrong with the vehicle. If possible, you should find out what the code (called a Diagnostic Trouble Code, or DTC) was. It might even be listed on your service invoice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have two numbers a DE98AA and 16685

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Neither of those appear to be DTCs that I can find in the FSM. Perhaps they are part numbers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts