Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times have you had someone, anyone, tell you that you drive a "beautifu, nice, sharp, or special" vehicle? I had my first oil change this week...and the oil change guy (Valvoline Oil change...took 15 minutes), told me, at least 3 times, that my vehicle was "really sharp...nice color" (Sunlit Copper). That brings my total, to about 5 times, in the 3 months I've had my 2005 MO. Wanna guess how many times my Buick LeSabre got complimented?

Regards,

Big

·
Just wanna help
1,396 Posts
I got such compliement mostly in 2003, when i got my Mo...

How many times have you had someone, anyone, tell you that you drive a "beautifu, nice, sharp, or special" vehicle? I had my first oil change this week...and the oil change guy (Valvoline Oil change...took 15 minutes), told me, at least 3 times, that my vehicle was "really sharp...nice color" (Sunlit Copper). That brings my total, to about 5 times, in the 3 months I've had my 2005 MO. Wanna guess how many times my Buick LeSabre got complimented?
These days, i think a lot of people have seen it and a lot of people have own it in my area, i dont get that much of a compliment anymore... Maybe once a month I got a compliment form a guy who park next to me in parking lot.
Anyway once a month is still better than Buick LeSabre :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's been two years now, and I still receive compliments. I have to say that most of them are about the color. I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've been told what a "beautiful" color it is. Just this past weekend I washing the MO and two neighbors walked by and told me how much they liked it. I also still notice the "pointers" and "head turners". I only remember one stranger telling me how much he liked my Maxima.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I find its usually owners of other SUVs that ask me about the Murano. The standard question is "How do you like your Murano?" What do they expect me to say, that I hate it? :D

One time a Mitsu Endeavor owner commented "those Muranos sound really mean going down the road".... oh is that so? I personally find the Murano a little too quiet! He then went on a tirade about how he's driven Mitsubishi for 10 years and wouldn't buy anything else. He then asked if my Murano has variable valve timing. I said yes. He said well my Mitsubishi has it too! In the back of my head I was thinking, I don't think it does, but I didn't want to ruin this guy's day. He was so proud of his silver Endeavor.

Latest encounter was with a brand new 4Runner Limited V8 at the gas station. I was kind of surprised, and the only thing I could think of was "its good on gas." Which is of course not true (I get between 15-16mpg in the city), but probably better than what his 4Runner was getting (the V6 4Runner I rented In January got 16mpg, the V8 would probably get much lower).

On the other end of the spectrum, a few months ago I got pulled over for speeding and the hic sherriff officer mentioned "you need to watch your speed in your fancy foreign vehicle there." Ah the midwest....I really miss California, where the cops target European cars instead.

·
Registered
756 Posts
still getting looks

My Mo still seems to get the looks, just not as many comments. I see people look at it all the time as I drive by. Kind of weird but nice. I am still quite smitten however. Especially after a wash/wax. I find I have fallen in love with the color all over again. At night sometimes when the light hits it (When its clean) I can finally see the pearl in the paint and I think, man what a beautiful ride.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: still getting looks

pcs15394 said:
My Mo still seems to get the looks, just not as many comments. I see people look at it all the time as I drive by. Kind of weird but nice. I am still quite smitten however. Especially after a wash/wax. I find I have fallen in love with the color all over again. At night sometimes when the light hits it (When its clean) I can finally see the pearl in the paint and I think, man what a beautiful ride.
Yeah I absolutely love the midnight blue.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I thought we were gonna keep it a secret that Midnight Blue is the best??? :)

Actually saw a Merlot one driving around the other week and was super impressed. Looked sweet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts