Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
d2s HID ultinons [[[sold]]]

upgrade the MO's HID's with these german - made (as are the oem) 6000K philips Ultinon HID bulbs.....

producing white (pure) light with a hint of purple/blue to the beam, depending on your line of vision.....

retail is 275-300 a pair.....

130 shipped (i used them for less than one month, and under 800 miles total)

guaranteed to work; selling due to choice to get 8000K d2s HID bulbs (diamond blue output)

feel free to PM/email or reply here

thnx for looking!

SMS

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
did you end up getting the 8000K lights? What do you think of them? I was thinking about getting the 6 or 8, which one do you prefer? Where are you ordering them from? Do you think that they will make the hoens xeonmatch look out of place like the standard fogs due to the factory HIDs?

Thanks!
EDIT: Actually I see on infinitifx.org that you did get those as well as 10,000k. Do the 10,000k fit the murano as well? And do you think they will make the hoen xeonmatch look out of place?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really like the HID lights on my new Murano. I've just got the stock ones. But I've noticed that becuase they are so much brigher than a normal light, my eyes have to adjust when I look up beyond the range of the lights.

Its not a problem in town, but I was driving in the country the other night and had to wait a second before I could see some of the features off the road.

Does anybody else notice this, or am I going night blind?

That'd be my only hesitation about boosting my HID's to 6,8 or even 10k. Things on the road would look fine, but the contrast between the road and the surroundings I think would be too great.

J

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Snow MO said:
did you end up getting the 8000K lights? What do you think of them? I was thinking about getting the 6 or 8, which one do you prefer? Where are you ordering them from? Do you think that they will make the hoens xeonmatch look out of place like the standard fogs due to the factory HIDs?

Thanks!
EDIT: Actually I see on infinitifx.org that you did get those as well as 10,000k. Do the 10,000k fit the murano as well? And do you think they will make the hoen xeonmatch look out of place?
hey snow........

im hesitant to comment anymore about this.....

here goes anyway........

the xenonmatch ONLY jive with the 4300K (oem) hid's.... anything else makes em look yellow (again)

i now have the PIAA diamondd spark (9006) foglights, and they look almost green-bluish in comparo to my hid's.....

i am content, however

and yes... the color temp does not effect ftiment...

basically, you just need a "D2S" bulb (not the D2R!)

·
Registered
466 Posts
esemes...

I saw the 10K pics at the fx web site. How much less can you actually see with the bulbs?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Esemes,
Dont hesitate. I value your opinion and obviously your input is desired elsewhere seeing as how you are a moderator on infinitifx. Thanks for the input...thats what I'm going with, do you think that source still has some? How long did it take to get them in? Can you PM me with a source to get the 7500K fogs as well?

Thanks!

·
5,268 Posts
For those interested in color temperature, here is the table:

Temperature Typical Sources
1000K Candles; oil lamps
2000K Very early sunrise; low effect tungsten lamps
2500K Household light bulbs
3000K Studio lights, photo floods
4000K Clear flashbulbs
5000K Typical daylight; electronic flash
5500K The sun at noon near Kodak's offices :)
6000K Bright sunshine with clear sky
7000K Slightly overcast sky
8000K Hazy sky
9000K Open shade on clear day
10,000K Heavily overcast sky
11,000K Sunless blue skies
20,000+K Open shade in mountains on a really clear day

·
Registered
24 Posts
OOOHHHH!

So when you guys are talking K, you're not talking wattage, you're talking color temperature. Got it. That's good to know. I was wondering why the hell you would want to put a pair of 10,000 watt lights on your vehicle (in brightness). It'd be handy if you wanted to vaporize any obstructions!

When I worked in television, we had to white balance our cameras to match different color temperatures. 6500-8000k was considered the norm for daylight. Because of the refraction of the atmosphere, this was technically a little blue. 8000k was more for cloudy days.

I thought I'd post my response in the event that anybody else made the same mistake as I did in understanding the meaning of 10k.

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts