Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watchout folks, I got ripped off on a cargoliner on ebay. Yes it fits. Yes it is black. Yes it has a lip to catch spills. It is made out of smashed plastic foam with a thin plastic layer on top. It weights a whopping 2 ounces if it's lucky. Charged me like 14 bucks to ship it too!
GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I am sending him an email as we speak.

The Crap!

This is my first time getting ripped on Ebay. I went back to the links here and saw a DECENT cargo liner for the same price I paid for a POS. I wish I would have done more scouting/asking questions.....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
For the $65 you paid I think you could have gotten the genuine Nissan trunk mat. I thought about getting a Nissan mat off ebay but in the end, I used the old rubber trunk mat from my 1983 Volkswagen Quantum station wagon. Surprisingly, it fits almost perfectly. Ah the old VW....no heat, no AC, power windows did not work..those were the days..heh

If you are bent on getting a Nissan mat, call your dealer parts department and tell them you can get parts for 20% off online but you would rather "buy local" from them. They will match the price. I bought my Nissan rubber floor mats for $55 from my local dealer. Thats cheaper than the "standard" for discount Nissan parts and accessories - Courtesy Nissan.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, it was a rip.
The sellor just emailed me and said he would refund. It was a spur of the moment thing....
I did see the one online for $48.00 after the fact. I will try the dealer thing and see what happens, it's still cheaper than shipping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
mat

Buy genuine Nissan parts or don't buy!

this outtal stir it up!
Would you buy your girlfriend/wife a fake diamond?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have some bad news for you, the Nissan mat ain't all that great, that one actually looks pretty good, although the way you describe it it sounds ridgid, which I would like except that if you drop something heavy on it it may crack or break.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Eric L. said:
If you are bent on getting a Nissan mat, call your dealer parts department and tell them you can get parts for 20% off online but you would rather "buy local" from them. They will match the price. I bought my Nissan rubber floor mats for $55 from my local dealer. Thats cheaper than the "standard" for discount Nissan parts and accessories - Courtesy Nissan.
According to the Consumer Reports invoice pricing, the MSRP for the Nissan mat is $70 (U.S.) and the invoice is $53. So that's a point to argue as well for getting it direct from Nissan. Why should you have to pay a 30% markup for a pad of rubber? :30:

~ Corin

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Well the description does say it's a POLYOLEFIN based mat (NOT RUBBER, but FOAM)

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is sooo wimpy I could probably push a key through it easily. It is probably the thickness of a nickel, not much more. Yes, it does have a nice leather look to it and is formed perfectly, but, when I picked up the package (two pieces of cardboard stapled around it) it felt like it was empty. I took it out and saw the foam and almost croaked.
:eek:
I bought heavy duty weather mats for the front and a heavy duty carpeted runner for the back at Walmart for 34 bucks together and they look great and are almost indestructible. I guess I was imagining that the rear cargo mat would be the same.....but noooooo, a piece of foam with leather textured plastic on it. I was horrified. If all you do is haul newspapers, laying flat mind you, or maybe a bunch of sweaters, then this is the "cargo" mat for you. I can't imagine sticking one of my rifles on it, the bolts would go right through it!

Now let me ask you guys, what the heck are the Nissan mats like?
Husky liners were the most appealing to me for what I would want to subject them to--anyone own them?

·
Registered
97 Posts
The OEM mat is rubber, very thin, I am sure I could push a key through it too, but with a lot more effort than a stiff compressed foam. The lip is not nearly as tall as I think it should be and I think the material should be thicker. I am comparing to the one in the back of my moms RX300. I mean it suffices, but for $60 I really expect a lot more. 20/20 hind sight, but I should have looked at the after market ones at the local truck accessory place first, but I didn't knwo what the Nissan mat was like anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an extra!

I have an extra OEM cargo liner still in the box. I ordered one before I got my MO and the one I ended up getting already had one. Shoot me a message if you are interested. I have the charcoal interior, so it's the one that matches it.

Ann Marie

·
Registered
78 Posts
da ebay

Heres some news back..If you bought the fully loaded SE, like me , everything else was thrown in!!

Da bang! Bro!

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx Ann Marie, Done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts