Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a dash cam with motion detection? Would your dash cam be on and functioning while the SUV is off and the socket isn't charging it?

I notice in my 2010 Murano the phone doesn't get charged when the SUV is off so I'm assuming the dash cam would have no power.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
That means you'd simply have to power it from an always-on circuit. In my 07 such circuits were available in the fuse panel on the left side of the dash. Keep in mind how long you'll be leaving it on - no fun to come back to a dead battery.

(I haven't used such a cam, but it doesn't matter in order to answer that part of the question.)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a VIOFO dash cam that supports motion detection. To use it, you would want to use their hardwire kit that when properly installed will detect when the car is off before beginning parking mode motion detection. The hardwire kit also allows a voltage cutoff setting so that you don't drain you car's battery too much.

VIOFO has excellent customer support and continually adds new features.

You can find an excellent VIOFO user forum here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/a129.276/

The VIOFO dash cam and hardwire kit can be found on Amazon, as well as other vendors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
MuranoSL2003
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing