Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a basic 21 pc. "aluminum" dash trim kit on ebaymotors for $105.00 (item #2437602364). I installed all but about 4 pieces. It's not real aluminum, but a high quality plastic that looks like aluminum. I did not cover any aluminum pieces. The pieces were cut and fit very precisely. It was fairly easy to install. There are kits available with more pieces and other colors (woodgrain, etc). I thought that the plastic "aluminum" would match and complement the interior better than woodgrain, etc. I am pleased with the results, but it depends on your tastes. Here are some pics and you can decide for yourseld. The first pic is the left door and dash vent before:

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the left door and vent after:

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the console before:

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and the console after:

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dash center before:

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the dash center after:

Attachments

·
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And finally the left over pieces. The extra door handle piece was furnished for those vehicles without the seat memory switches.

Attachments

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Very sweet looking :D. I did the same thing to my 02 Mustang GT that I had before the MO, except it was real carbon fiber (see). Do you know of any place that makes real aluminum kits?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the look of that, probably looks sweet with a black interior :D

Nice Job :cool:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Wow! Now where did you get all of that stuff from?
Questions questions:
1.) what size tires are those?
2.) where did you get the roof rack from?
3.) where did you get the pushbar from?
4.) are those true dual exhausts? What does it sound like?

Very unique for an already unique car.

Awesome!:2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Info for Snow Mo
Tires are 18" Toyo's on two tone Focals (the tire rack)
Roof rack is from Yakama (REI)
Push bar is Nissan (Nissan)
Nurf bars are from Aries (suvxccessories.com)
Duel exhaust are 4" carbon fiber (non res) mufflers
connected to stainless all the way to the cat. Factory mufflers were removed. (Advanceimports.com)
K&N Intake required to open up the air flow. (Matrix Racing)
Jet Performance ECU upgrade ( Matrix Racing)
40 pc. Carbon Fiber dash kit (wooddash.com)
Momo carbon fiber shift knob (LTB.com)
Momo floor plates (LTB.com)
Razo two tone peddles (option auto salon)
Garmin StreetPilot III GPS (Comp USA)
Stainless fire ext. (APC)
PIAA 1100X fog lights (Custom Sounds)
APC power inverter (comp USA)

(WARNING: THIS IS A PROJECT CAR THAT WILL USED TO TEST
AFTER MARKET UPGRADES. THIS WILL INCLUDE A SUPER CHARGER
AND MANY MOTOR AND ELECTRICAL MODS). IF YOU ENJOY THE
WARRANTY THAT CAME WITH YOUR NISSAN, YOU WILL NEED TO BE VERY CAREFUL IN WHAT YOU DO!!! ALWAYS CHECK FIRST!!!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
GREAT! Thanks for getting abck to me so quickly!

How does the exhaust sound? Is there a more noticeable difference than stock. I had an aftermarket exhaust on my Mustang that was TOO loud and the MO is a bit too quiet. I want something in between.

What does everyone else think of the pushbar? I know the MO is an urban crawler, but I really think it needs something like that to give it a beefier appearance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Exhaust

The exhaust sounds real good. The mufflers came with silencers which really tone them down. The volume is a bit much without them
for every day driving. But not over the top.
With them in place it sounds some where between a 350Z and a Mustang GT. It does not sound anything like a hopped up Civic with a 6 foot wing and a coffee can muffler. Because of future mods, such as a blower and other engine mods, we went with straight pipe all the way back, however there are many high performance mufflers that would sound great without the need for the silencers. As far as the push bar goes, looks good but adds weight, as does the roof rack,nurfs etc. Because this project will center around performance, this is a real concern for us, but will not be noticeable to most. Our goal is to reach 400hp without sacrificing the driveability and dependability. The rest is just to look good doing it. We expect some pretty good E/T number form the track on this one. If the CVT will hold up. Until you reprogram the ECU, performance is not what its thinking. Low emmissions and MPG are. This too will make it sound and run better, but be careful about warranty issues.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Am I missing something here or are you guys talking about a picture not posted to the forum.. I only see a dash pic no wheels or mufflers.

How about posting the pictures so we can all see.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey es

Glad to see you're still hanging around. How's the new toy treating you? Is the suspension as stiff as the journalists are saying?

·
Registered
487 Posts

That carbon fiber kit looks... eh...

Well, it's not my bag. And is that a fire extinguisher on the passenger side? I know the MO is one hot vehicle, but I didn't think anyone took that literally...

I like the mats, but those holes will probably catch a lot of guck.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts