Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am sure it has been posted here somewhere...but my 2005 Murano has had an annoying rattle from the passenger dash, right where the window meets the dash...or at least that is what it sounds like where it is coming from...

I first dropped it off to the dealer..no luck..they fixed it they said but it was still there...

I dropped it off again, got a loaner Infiniti this time, and drove with the tech beforehand so he could hear where the noise was coming from...no problem, noise was there, he heard it, knew how to fix it...returned to pickup MO and sure enough, still not fixed...

Third time, same scenario, test drove beforehand with different tech..he seemed much more confident, cracked a joke that he knew what tech must have taken it out with me before (ie. the crappy stupid tech), and that this was common in 04's but not 2005's...he said it needed padding between windshield and where the dash met it...picked it up yesterday and sure enough, its still there !!!!!!

So now am going back in two weeks for #4 visit...what a mess..I cannot figure out how they cant get these things fixed, and how that a vehicle of $41,000 and 8 mos old would have rattles..makes me think twice of owning another one as the fit and finish on mine is sure second rate...

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
I look forward to seeing if and how they fix this. I have the exact same problem on my 2005 MO. I do NOT want to go to the dealer 4 times (heck, I don't really want to go to my dealer ONE time!). I love my MO, but the continual rattles in various places makes me miss my Jeep, which had no rattles (except when I ran over stuff. HAHA).

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
we had the exact same rattle. our serivce departments fix, spary some lubericant. sure enough it worked. and they didn't leave a mess.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I don't know about an 05 but I had the same rattle on my 03. I got rid of it (and others) in one minute with some foam. Take a look in my gallery.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts