Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Murano for 10 months and 10,000 miles with no serious problems, however my dashboard area (I can't quite find EXACTLY where) has developed a rattle that only occurs when I go over speed bumps, which I have to do every day to get out of my neighborhood. It doesn't make any difference how slow and careful I am, the rattle still occurs. Anyone have the same problem, or any thoughts on what it could be?
Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Me Too......

While I was on my way to work I heard a terrible rattle that seemed to be comming from the dashboard area. It drove me nuts for about 20 minutes before I finally pulled the car over and started to literally tapped every inch of that bloody dashboard with my fingers to try and duplicate that god-awful rattle.:banghead:
Well after about 2 minutes, I located the noise. It was not comming from the dashboard at all! The rattle was comming from above...........mounted just under the rearview mirror was my E-Z pass gizmo, mounted on a suction-cup held "holder"
Apparently, one of the suction cups (there's two) came loose and the E-Z pass itself was free to tap against the wind shield.:bonk:
What puzzled me was HOW I heard the rattle, I never would have thought the sound was comming from the windshield below the rear view mirror!:1pat:
So try to isolate YOUR rattle, it may sound like it is comming from one place, when it really originates from another.:8:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts