Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it took sooooo long but I just found the warranty for the dashmat(lifetime) and the manuf. Name is: Dash-Topper
7642 W. Vogel, Bldg. #1
Peoria, Arizona 85345
the customer service number is 800-543-2047
I have had mine for 3 years now and I highly recommend them. High quality,reduces glare stops things(sunglasses etc.) from careening across the dash,and looks great IMHO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dangers

Do you know the dangers of placing items on the dash or the rear "dash" in sedans. If you get in an accident, those things become dangerous projectiles.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
But if you're smart about it, you won't get hurt. According to MythBusters, a hatchet or bowling ball could be deadly, but a box of tissue just can't hurt you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Re: Dangers

Yeah, watch out for those flying dashmats. They could cut your head right off as you are flying through the windshield.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Already Found a Dash Mat!

Hi Darrell,
I was the one that originally emailed you. Since I didn't hear back from you and the glare in the windshield was getting to us (caffe-latte interior)---we found another brand-type. We love it! Black faux suede! It fits the dash perfectly. All attached with velcro strips. Very deep black and it looks great with all the black touches that are inside around the dash. Most important: the glare is completely gone! Thanks anyway---it all worked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok so I got my dashmat from Dashtopper thru http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/dacod.html There is a 10% off coupon "ss706". So for a Suede Fabric dash topper it was just a little over $50 shipping and everything, it took 2 weeks from order to delivery. The suede is nice, I was hoping for a real close match to the suede on the doors but that is more of a dark grey and have a more textured feel to it. I am very pleased with my order if you look at the pics below posted by Darrell you can see a pic of it, I am not sure if his is suede though. Mine fits the same but is black. I like that it does not cover the tweeters in the dash for improved sound and looks. It also does not cover the pass airbag which seems better with nothing hindering airbag deployment. There is a separate cover for the airbag but like Darrell I will leave it off. I like this better than the dashmat which is what Sparkle got I think. There looks to be more seams on the dashtopper also which helps the mat mold to the dash better. Its the little things that make this a better fit for me.

·
Registered
276 Posts
brikhaus, I was so impressed with the picture, I just now got done ordering one for the Chardonnay Lady.

Is this considered my first mod??

·
MO'ing since 5/16/07
337 Posts
Is that all one piece, or multiple pieces? I get a little glare, but it's not unbearable. If I could get a dash mat that only covered the flat part of the dash (the piece directly under the sunglasses in the pic), I'd consider it. I plain don't like the look of the mat hanging over the front of the dash though. (no offense :) )

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are 2 pieces, the main piece you see in the picture, and the missing piece that is the flap over the dash where the passenger airbag is. The problem with the missing piece is that its separate and you can attach it with velcro but I imagine it comes off easily. I would prefer it if those side flaps were not there. I may modify mine so that it just ends there above the missing piece. I would rather there not be a cover over the airbag or maybe just sew in the the missing piece so it looks more complete. I am giving it a few days to settle and then I will decide.

One thing about the hanging over the dash, the dash is made from hard plastic which is one of the least desirable / supple / luxurious of all materials. The suede-like microfiber cloth which is what the dash companies call suede lol is still much nicer than hard plastic. I do prefer the look and feel to plastic but I am pretty sure a mod is required to satisfy me. I will post a pic when I am all done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Brikhaus-Dashmat Color Choice

I like how your dash mat looks, very nice! and originally I was very interested in how that particular dash mat only covered certain areas of the dash which seemed to be primarily the center portion. I was really impressed with Darrells mat (similar to yours).

My real focus in buying the mat was to get rid of all the caffe-latte reflections up onto the windshield. (which it does perfectly)!!!

If I had chosen the same caffe latte color suede and not covered the speaker ---I would still see the reflections of the mat and everything else....I know this just by the fact that the two sensor holes and the vent holes that are not covered by the black faux suede are still visibly reflected up in the windshield!:eek:

I also received a separate cover that fits over the gauges with my dash mat, don't think you can see that in the pictures. It will protect the paint on the gauge top edges very well over the years I'm sure. I will post more pics in my Gallery later. I am VERY pleased with this black faux suede dash mat. It adds to the looks, and is not detracting at all. I ran into another MO owner at Costco the other day. Standing by my MO when I came out, waiting for me just so they could ask where I had purchased the Dash Mat--and other people who have rode in the MO really like the looks too. They have dash mats at our dealership, but nothing compares to the one I have ---or Brikhaus' dash mat.

I wanted to touch briefly on why I chose the black and the full length of the dash ---rather than a partial cover. Side note: the dash mat does not in way interfere with the sound from the speakers and the flap covering the front passenger bag is not in any way attached to the dash. It flips up very easily, and I'm sure in real collision it would not affect the air bag.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sparkle

Is your dashmat a "Dashmat" branded mat?

Just a few comments on the mat that I received. The material is thinner than what I would have expected from a suede material, much more cloth than suede in my opinion. I do like it but I wish it was more like the materials already in the Mo. I am probably going to attach the "airbag" piece with some thread so that the mat is 1 piece. So it will actually be more like Sparkles in the airbag section. So the main difference is the speaker cover area is not covered which I do like better lookswise if not soundwise also (less sun protection of course). I know I have heard that it does not affect the sound of the speaker but since there are only small tweeters up there, and tweeter are much more affected by reflection than larger speakers, there has to be some loss of volume from those speakers. To be honest I rarely hear them over the main speakers anyways so it may just not really matter soundwise. I do like the look of Sparkle's mat, I wish it was easier to compare at a store or something I may even like Sparkles better. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Do you know how much I had to pay to have our house rugs professionally cleaned? Now the MO too.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Dashmat!

Hey Brikhaus,You really have them confused using my photos in your post. The Dashmat pictured in the caffe latte Mo are my pics from my album. Brik has simply used them (cuz they're so damn good) as a reference to his postings. We still have not seen his but I'm sure it is the same. Mine still looks as new now, 5 years old-and never washed yet-vacuumed -yes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts