Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have a 2004 SL MO.
what is the easiest way to add daytime running headlights? i think as far as the controls the best would be to use the 'Auto' headlights lever position for switching into the daytime running mode...
Any ideas?
Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Lots of stuff already on this forum. Suggest a search using appropiate terms. GRIP :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GripperDon said:
Lots of stuff already on this forum. Suggest a search using appropiate terms. GRIP :D
Well... the only stuff i found there was the 2 relays + extra wiring. i was thinking more about altering the computer settings. it is all controlled by that computer anyways.

i would gladly have DTR lights enabled in the Auto position so that if it is light outside only the headlights are on, and if it is dark outside then the rear lights turn on automatically. this way you would still be able to shut all the lights off by turing the swithch to the OFF position.

what do you think guys?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
In the Canadian vehicles, it is a different computer. Go the two relay route. It is cheap and works well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ekaxel said:
In the Canadian vehicles, it is a different computer. Go the two relay route. It is cheap and works well.
hmm... is it something that a technician can do? don't those relays and wires have to have certain specs and the like?

what would be a good place (shop) to have it done, if you know any?

thanks!

·
5,100 Posts
Any auto parts store will have relays that will work. The fogs are only 160 watts total. The rating required is actually very low. Many relays are rated 30 amp which is a wonderfull margin of safety. The project is a nice easy one to get started with. Search out where to place the relays, where to make the attachments, the colors of the wires to be connected to. Post you plan on the forum and members will provide you good feefback. It's not all that hard to do. Give it a try. GRIP :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any news on possibilities to enable DTR lights without using extra parts (like relays)? i still have some hope in my heart that someone someday will find a way :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I am going to use the fogs as dtrl's. I am gunna put a switch next to the mirror adjuster and use the cigar lighter power (15A) run to the common hot side of the lamps, no relay needed,lamps draw 110 watts total- < 9amps.On or off whenever you want. Hopefully done this weekend.9006 fog lamps are alot cheaper than HID.Dtrl's are to BE seen not to see with.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MOpar said:
I am going to use the fogs as dtrl's. I am gunna put a switch next to the mirror adjuster and use the cigar lighter power (15A) run to the common hot side of the lamps, no relay needed,lamps draw 110 watts total- < 9amps.
hmm. very interesting solution :D
could you post any pics after you're done?

·
5,100 Posts

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, they're nice to have...

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
What's that stuff on the ground?

·
4,664 Posts
Packing material. That's what the Murano's are shipped in.

·
5,100 Posts
Cooool Man! Cooooolll. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
DTRL jumper in fuse box?

Someone on another thread said they just jumped a wire in the fuse box to the fog lights on their Maxima....Anyone tried this to enable fogs without having to turn on the HID's? This would suit me if someone else would try it first :D

J

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
In my other cars I did not have any problems cross wiring the lights (i.e. Headlights to fog lamps) but with the MO, and the fact that it is drive by wire and computer controlled, I do not recommend that. That is why I used relays in my DTRL set up rather than feeding power directly to the fog lamps. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
5,100 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts