Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the main computer on a 2004 Murano can be reprogrammed to give me daytime running lights?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
The million dollar question. I don't know about 04, but the 03's have them working in Canada. Its jus the log lamps on all the time. I would rather have some type of DTRL in the headlamp assembly.

I still can't believe the the US Gov't hasn't mandated DTRL for all new cars.... seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I purchased my MO the dealer told me it was a pretty simple job to allow the fogs to come on without the headlights. Now they're back peddling on this big time. It's not as simple as they lead me to believe.

I haven't had a car in a very long time where I couldn't have just the fogs on. It's not a huge deal but it's one of those things you get use to and don't want to give up.

The other thing I'm use to is radio reception, had to give that up as well...

Ray

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the MO in a week after I purchased it (3 weeks ago) to have the trailer hitch installed and I told them about the radio.

The service mgr told me the first thing they check when they have this complaint is the antenna ground.

I believe this is the TSB you are mentioning, correct?

I hope there's something else...

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Nope that was it. Perhaps you should check yourself. Very easy to do. Pull out the overhead controls (pull straight down on the front portion and then you will see a silve bolt.... make sure its tight.)

Thats the only fix I know of for poor radio receiption.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts