Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yea. I've seen some pics of Rackless Mo's and mine gets zero use. Is it possible (read: EASY) to remove the roof rack from the Mo?

I didn't see any threads on this around here, so let me know of any place I should be looking for instructions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had thought about de-racking mine too, but I find them useful to reach the top of the car. I just put one foot on top of a rear tire or on a rim spoke and use the rack to pull myself up! Very handy. Other than that, I have no use for them either. :D

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Registered
758 Posts
Roof Racks

I think most people on this MSG Board who do not have the Roof Racks are those that did not select the option that provides the racks. As far as adding afterwards, I was told when I checked on buying the OEM Racks from the Nissan Parts counter at my dealer, the parts manager stated that they are not offered and that even if they were you would need a Murano that was built from the Factory to handle them. Apparently they require extra Reinforcement in the roof. I don't know if this is true but the Parts guy seemed sincere.

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see... so I probably don't want to de-rack my Mo just because...

It's funny, I spent this morning polishing the Murano (Zaino!:D) and I kept instinctively reaching for my roof rack as I stepped up on my step ladder... Figures that as soon as I post this, I find a use for the rack!

Still, if someone finds instructions on how to do this, I might still be interested if its as easy as taking out a bolt and then bolting them back on if you need to... something tells me it isn't that easy, though!

·
Registered
758 Posts
VG.

My post was directed more at johnny84. I should have been specific. Did not mean anything. I just wanted to let Johnny84 know that there may be more to adding the Roof Racks than just Bolting them on.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I was going to remove mine a long time ago, as I never use them either. The problem I ran into was that the headliner has to be removed to take them off. I'm not willing to mess with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts