Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to work on my 2007 MO (hood is down of course) with some other issues and now the battery is dead, and the fob and key aren't working. I've tried the key door handle trick (fob key is the same as the regular key) and everything short of breaking a window or getting some charge at the starter to get it enough power to unlock the doors. How much trouble is it going to be to go under the car and put a jumper cable on the positive lead of the starter? Is it even reachable without taking off parts?

· Registered
2,366 Posts
How much trouble is it going to be to go under the car and put a jumper cable on the positive lead of the starter? Is it even reachable without taking off parts?
The starter B terminal in the 2nd generation is somewhat accessible through the driver-side wheel well although there is some transmission cooler plumbing in the way. There's not much difference between the 1st and 2nd generation power trains so I would think this should be possible for you.

BTW, if I'm understanding you correctly the mechanical key won't open the door?

Reactions: Pilgrim

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, if I'm understanding you correctly the mechanical key won't open the door?
Correct. I imagine this is because I had "help" fixing my door handle a few months ago. That caused me to need to buy and new lock mechanism because the lock cable retention clip was broken. Since then the door alarms every time I get in the car with the key. Thankfully I save the original mechanism and this will be the second repair after I get back in and fix the sunroof drain line. It's come detached from the top and bottom. Unfortunately my MO has been snowballing issues the last year and a half. Hopefully this will start to get them all fixed.

· Registered
3,562 Posts
How many miles on your '07?

1st gen Muranos can become money pits with age and miles...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts