Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6mo old MO's battery went dead over night yesterday. Any Ideas?

·
4,664 Posts
Just the usual suspects.... Something left on, faulty voltage regulator on the alternator, failure elsewhere...

Get a boost, and the first thing to check, is if something was left on. After that, get it to the dealer, it's under warranty!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Murano has a "battery saver" device built into the circuitry which turns off electrical items after 30 minutes. Those of you with a good battery can try it out, it is sort of a hidden feature thats been on Nissans since the mid 1990's.

Perhaps yours is defective, although the first thing I would do is check the water levels in the battery.

·
4,664 Posts
If the acid/water levels are too low, you've got a charging system problem and it needs warranty repair. (Assuming the Prep was done correctly on the vehicle.)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
map light

It appears that my little daughter left one of the small overhead reading lamps on. Should that have shut off after the 30 minutes?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: map light

jbar said:
It appears that my little daughter left one of the small overhead reading lamps on. Should that have shut off after the 30 minutes?
I think it should have, although the battery saver might only apply to accessories which were already on before the engine was turned off.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally brought the MO into the dealer this past weekend after having the battery die two more times.
They were sure that it was a problem with the alternator but it turned out to be a bad battery. Hope that's it!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Re: Re: map light

Eric L. said:

I think it should have, although the battery saver might only apply to accessories which were already on before the engine was turned off.
An idiot roommate of mine left both on. He hadn't started the car or even put the key in the ignition. I found out when I turned the key on the next day, and the lights came back on. Yes they should turn off. I thought it was more like a 5 minute delay though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
There more info on your Nissan Driving Manual.

Nizmo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts