Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a notice from my local dealer saying that my car is in high demand as a pre owned. They then attached a $1000 coupon for the value of my car.

Does anyone know if they give me a really lowball amount for a trade in?? Or is this a legit attempt to get my car to someone else??

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is most likely just a game by the dealer to get you in the doors looking at another vehicle. Used MO's aren't all that hard to come by anymore. If you take it in to trade, that just means they've made more commission off of you. But it cant hurt to check it out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Absolute and complete rubbish, marketing scam, slicked back hair white leather shoes car salesman tactic.

No used car is in "high demand" when the model is still being produced. (The only used cars that might be in demand are limited production collector's cars but you're not going to be getting bulk mailed solicitations from a dealership if you own a Shelby Cobra).

How many people really walk into a dealer and say "I must have car XYZ but it must be used, I will not settle for a brand new one, regardless of price" Answer: Very few. I just wish people didn't fall for these sorts of BS tactics so they would stop trying to use them.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
pk7683 said:
I just got a notice from my local dealer saying that my car is in high demand as a pre owned. They then attached a $1000 coupon for the value of my car.

Does anyone know if they give me a really lowball amount for a trade in?? Or is this a legit attempt to get my car to someone else??
pk7683-

I am sure the dealer did a mass-mailing to all customers with the same exact offer. I didn't matter if you bought a fully-loaded Murano or an entry-level Sentra, you got the same sales gimmick.

-njjoe

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help you guys. I really appreciate it, you guys saved me a lot of time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts