Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DEALer claimes that the price on Xm kit for the MO is $400.00.
Did it go up???
I seee at lee Auto its like $346.00 and at Grubbs its $299.00 plus like 30 bucks for the antenna?
Question #1- How come Grubbs is selling the antenna seperate?
Q#2- Did the price go up?
Q#3- Why does Grubbs rape you on the shipping charge?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I want XM I need Xm
bUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side note- my dealer says he will hook me up at $349.00

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Jim the Grubbs $299 kit Includes the antenna.

He also sells another antenna (The TERK, I think it may be smaller than the standard antenna) for $20.

So
1- He's not.
2- It didn't.
3- I don't know, but it is a mini raping compared to your dealer.

Homer

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Homer, thanks a Million.
It just threw me if you read the web site. It says the antenna is sold seperate? So thats just for the smaller whatever one not the standard?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nissan/Infiniti OEM Satellite Radio Kit.

This kit works for the following applications:

Infiniti G35

Infiniti FX45/35

Infiniti QX56

Nissan 350Z

Nissan Maxima

Nissan Murano

Nissan Quest

Nissan Armada/Pathfinder

Antenna sold separately.
All OEM Satellite Radio kits DO NOT include the pre-wire cable required for vehicles that are not pre-wired from the factory.
For additional information or questions please contact [email protected] or call 1-866-789-0207.
Optional low profile antennas available for both SIRIUS and XM are available below.
G35 and FX45/35 online installation instructions from Infiniti/Nissan. Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader

·
4,601 Posts
Yup, they all use the same kit and some Nissans/Infinitis need a pre-wire or connecting harness. Only the 2003 Murano needs more than the kit, as they didn't install the harness in Japan. The 2004 has it already.

They all come with an antenna in the kit. Well actually there's two kits. XM or Sirius. Would you like fries with that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sat Installation

I am sure this will turn out to be a dumb question, but I assume that the prices mentioned above ($400 or $349 etc) do not include installation. Does anyone know what the dealer would charge to install the Sat kit?

·
4,601 Posts
Right, no install. Installation prices I've seen are from around $50 to $150.

If you have a 2004 you have to put in the antenna, and receiver, if you have a 2003, also the harness.

Have a look at my website on the link below if you want an idea of what's involved and you can either do it yourself, or justify the installation cost in your mind.

If you really take your time, it's a fulfilling afternoon. Just don't kink the antenna wires, it does a fair bit of damage to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks

Thanks jaak. I found your website to be very helpful. I am trying to decided if I can install the sat kit myself. Also, I really want to have it end up like a factory installed unit, as shown in your photo. I do not like the extra radio unit stuck on the dash. It seems like I could save a few bucks if I have sat installed at Best Buy or Circuit City, but then I have the external unit. I think I will go back to the dealer and have it installed so it is inside the existing radio.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jaak, as always a wealth of info.:2:

I am going to install myself.
I was just trying to get these prices down in my melon.
I am going to go the Grubbs route. If there is no antenna, expect a knock at your door.:4:
Jim

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, I'm certainly full of it...

Er, I mean, uh, I figured out a few things and like to share. Yeah, that's it...

:D

The install isn't too bad, if you feel up to it. And there's some satisfaction in doing it yourself. Some folks have it done, as they're not comfortable doing themselves. I understand that. I'm not comfortable having someone else do it... But hey, I'm a geek!:cool:

Oh, and if there's no antenna and you knock on my door, I'll buy you one for spending that much on gas to come see me. Heck, I'll buy you lunch and we can talk Muranos....

My kit and everyone elses, came with the antenna. So don't sweat it. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again Jaak.
I am using your pics as my how to guide.
So it loks as if my dad and I are going to do a little wiring.
I figure it can be as bad as it was puting XM on our boat. Running that antenna wire through those wiring little ducts was a Pain in da Butt.
but having XM on the boat is soooooooooooo nice.

So the MO should even be better.
Jim

·
4,601 Posts
Here's you during the install:13:

Here's you after the install... :18:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jaak and Homer, I just called Grubbs. Guess what the Antenna is seperate............... I asked him ??? He claimes that Nissan removed it from the kit. So now its 299 plus the 30 for the antenna plus 28?? for standard UPS ground????? Ouch.. Good God
Now what? Damn dealers

·
4,601 Posts
That sucks... So they should drop the kit price further to make up for that. (Yeah, like that's going to happen...)

Or you can tell them to stuff it, and go get a PAC audio interface and use your own SAT. It won't be integrated though, that's the down side...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jaak, I just got off the Phone with Courtesy parts. They have the receiver for 246.00 plus $10 for shipping.They dont have the antenna yet bit will in a few weeks, But they arent aware of the price yet. The guy at Courtesy said that there is a new Part # for the kit.
The reason for all this is that Nissan went to a low profile antenna.
My question is will the old antenna fit the new receiver?
Or do I have to wait for the low profile one?
Hmmmmm

·
4,601 Posts
Yes, the antennas are a standard connection, as far as I've seen. So you could buy it without, and go get a antenna from your local XXXX store...

As long as it plugs into the two connectors, you should be fine. (For XM that is, if you're looking at Sirius, then get one for Sirius.)

In the picture below, it's the connectors on the right. The antenna side is colour matched to these, so you don't put them in backwards.

Looks like they've accomodated you on the price, considering the loss of antenna. That's good!

I wonder if this is due to Nissan considering an integrated antenna so that all is needed is to plug in the receiver? Naw, that would cost them money... And make sense...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jaak,

Just wanted to say thanks for your information on getting Sat installed in the MO.
I've been lurking around this site for about 3 weeks now and have just brought home a Glacier Pearl 04, AWD Touring, etc. (non-NAV)

You information on Grubbs and the install has been priceless, and will be ordering my kit from them today.
Thought I would share with all something I found on the Canada G35 site http://www.g35.ca
They are posting a promo code there in the post G35 parts thread.
If it works, it will save about $18.00 off the order.

Unfortunately, my wife will NOT allow me to touch the install myself, she insists that I take it to someone who has some knowledge of the vehicle.
Oh well, it's her money and my MO, so I won't argue.

Thanks again.

:1:

·
4,601 Posts
The promo should work, unless they've discontinued it. My sat receiver was purchased for an FX and I got the promo code from Grubbs. The satellite can't tell what vehicle the receiver's in, so you could put it in a 1954 VW beetle and the promo code would still work. Don't know how the beetle's radio would talk to it, but that's another story....;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Foto I think you might be better to order from Courtesy parts then Grubbs.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I found grubbs to more harder my my wallet
JIm

1 - 20 of 21 Posts